New desktop build - suggestions/help

rarrr

Disciple
Questions

1. Q: What is your budget?
1. around 20 to 30k

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
1. CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX
2. Motherboard (probably a 880 chipset around Rs6k) - I need your help here - looking for one without integrated video, Not a gamer, so one x16 PCIe slot will do, Need SATA6 - for SSD, would not like to pay a huge premium for USB3, no need for PATA, would like to find a board with good layout like having access to most of the ports from the front.I am assuming everything else is std.
3. GPU - Redeon HD 5670 or nvidia equivalent if there is one ( I would have gone with nvidia if they had a decent
4. Memory - haven't looked it up - i usually wait till I pick the mobo+cpu, will need 8gb does not have to be the fastest pair but should be reliable.
5. Q: PSU - need help here - need a good quality one, preferably Indian made. Dont mind paying a premium.

5a. Q: CASE: Need one that will keep the dust away, passive cooling/wil be using stock cooling and without led lights.
6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. Hyderabad. - will need help here, I dont know any good shops, prefer someone with good customer service over cheap price.
2. Open to online purchase - no
7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1. No
8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. using Linux as main OS, probably run atleast 2 VMs on it, WIN 7 dual boot.
2. Browsing
3. using Adobe CS and Graphics design and CAD

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
1. Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic - if this is so, I would like to stay away from such brands. Wouldn't mind paying a premium for good customer service and quality product, needs to have good warranty.

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1680x1050
12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
1. No
13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7
2. Linux - Debian based ones - main OS
will be running atleast 2 VMs

Finally, Please do not hijack this thread, if you have inquiries open you own thread. I am not familiar with Hyderabad market. I an hoping to get some help here on finding the stuff I need in Hyderabad.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bump.

Not a single reply!

Back