New audio system...

The concept for Break -in for headphones is pure horse crap, and so it is for cables.

In terms of scientific terms - entropy, the conductivity of the metal experiences creep with time, that is the conductive capacity decreases with time, and so it would imply a reverse phenomenon - i.e. degrading sound quality along with use and time.

The case of break in is only somewhat true in case of Speakers, since the speaker drivers need a bit of time to loosen up, and they draw a fair amount of power for the vibrations to take place.

I think what actually happens is that one gets used to the sound of the speakers over 60-80 hrs :p i.e. "you" have to break in :eek:hyeah:

Chaos said:
Installed the speakers today... obviously doesn't sound as good as the store... gotta give them some time to break in. Pics tomorrow ;).
they wont sound as good as the showroom at ur home...
they are bound to reverbrate a bit under home conditions unless u have a studio room or smth......
same thing with my "korean crap".^o

Chaos, even taking care of just the first reflections should improve the sound. Get some sound absorbing material, or if you want it cheap and dirty, use thermocol :p

^^Jamo ones. The only Monster available in India are the pure crap bargain basement ones. They are no better than the Jamo stuff that the dude gave me for 129 bucks per meter. The speakers already sound better than yesterday... I ain't kidding ;). I'm gonna move my setup to a different room in a while. The acoustics of my drawing room sucks.

Congrats Chaos , good choice of system ... Pics please :D

Any reason why you went for floorstanders rather than bookshelves ?

Back