Needed help with installing Broadband router at my parents' place in Ahmedabad, Guj

Amol

Adept
My parents live in Ahmedabad and they need help to have a wireless router installed at my place there. Can anyone living in Ahmedabad, Gujarat refer to a dealer that can help getting that done ?

They have You broadband running on cable modem that needs a wireless router to enable wireless at my place. So they need help buying one and getting it installed.

Google isn't very helpful in finding someone who can do that in A'bad Gujarat.

I'd be very grateful if someone could refer a dealer/assembler who can get a router installed at my place.

Thanks

@Amol
Rather than an assembler or anyone, i would suggest try seeking help of someone from Ahmedabad on TE and see if he can assist in getting this setup done at your place. You can always buy the router online and get it shipped to your home. The person from TE can just go to your home and do the settings and make your parents comfortable about using it.
Provided someone here is willing in help.

i think every router comes with a step by step guide on how to install it. my cisco router came with very detailed instructions. plus once you put the cd into the drive it does ask to check everything before going forward to next step.

i think every router comes with a step by step guide on how to install it. my cisco router came with very detailed instructions. plus once you put the cd into the drive it does ask to check everything before going forward to next step.

True that but you see it is not always easy to make them understand these things as easy it is for us to do. Not saying anything negative but it is just personal opinion. I still have to make my dad understand many of the trival things in computer, something which is very easy for me. He still does not know properly how to check emails in laptop (i know it sounds stupid) but it surprised me when he said he could do it easily and even reply to emails on his iPhone :O
I have setup the default mail app of his iPhone with his yahoo id and he uses it.

yeah, i know its difficult for some older people to grasp the basics easily. since they are already using a computer, i thought they would be comfortable following on screen instructions.

They have You broadband running on cable modem that needs a wireless router to enable wireless at my place. So they need help buying one and getting it installed.
Does 'You broadband' offer the option for wifi. If so, then they would be the easiest option.

The monthly bill will go up but it will also include support.

Does 'You broadband' offer the option for wifi. If so, then they would be the easiest option.

The monthly bill will go up but it will also include support.

I don't think they have wifi modem option. I recently got YOU broadband and did not see the wifi model option at all. Hence i have the you cable modem + my own wifi router setup at my home.

Back