Needed a Downloader Suggestion

Technology

Recruit
Hello Everyone,

I need to upgrade my current router because i can't just keep my PC Running for 24*7 for downloading,please suggest me what should i buy?Segate dOCKSTAR OR aSUS RT-N16?

I have a budget upto 6-7k Max.

The Scenario:

Suppose i am in Mumbai or Outside India,now i need the files/softwares i am having in my PC,how could i get them through my Internet/BSNL Router?

also suggest me which is more efficient out of Dockstar or Router in such cases(in emergency i need files from my PC)

Please do reply guys...

best option would be to have file sharing account & save your files on there (Without the option of sharing to others offcourse).

cause maybe your internet is offline & you still want your files then. How will you access it then? Plus outside India you'll not get the full speed your internet is capable of. E.g. My MTNL Speed is 1MBPS but when accessing from a server in US the download speed is reduced to 60Kbps.

On file sharing servers that wont be the case.... Most offer you unlimited storage. Plus within budget... there is a $150 Lifetime membership on Filesonic..there might be many others.

I have one which is $2 per year for unlimited storage.

You should get Pogoplug

EDIT - Head over to networking section you will find more options there.

Back