Need your thoughts on a few components.

JMP

Adept
For a new build, I am in a dilemma whether buying an AIO and a premium cabinet is worth the extra money.
I am not an RGB guy, so that stuff is really not important to me. Cooling and dust prevention are my priorities.

My options are:

Cabinet - Lian Li LANCOOL 215 X or Fractal Meshify 2. (For the price difference I may get a full-blown Mi Air Purifier and put it beside the cabinet).
CPU Cooler - Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO or Noctua NH-D15. (Liquid Freezer 2 is not available for weeks now).

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I would go for the LanCool 215 personally as its a very nifty case.
I am going by HardwareCanucks review on YT and they do the best case reviews on YT.

As for the CPU cooler I avoid AIOs and personally I use a Noctua NH-U14S on my 3900X.

If you are planning to buy Fractal/Noctua stuff check out the prices on primeabgb as they might be better than amazon prices.

For a new build, I am in a dilemma whether buying an AIO and a premium cabinet is worth the extra money.
I am not an RGB guy, so that stuff is really not important to me. Cooling and dust prevention are my priorities.

My options are:

Cabinet - Lian Li LANCOOL 215 X or Fractal Meshify 2. (For the price difference I may get a full-blown Mi Air Purifier and put it beside the cabinet).
CPU Cooler - Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO or Noctua NH-D15. (Liquid Freezer 2 is not available for weeks now).

Any thoughts/suggestions?
For CPU cooler I'd nominate Thermalright Macho if you can manage to buy it. I was able to bag it for less than 6k last year.

D15 will be a very tight fit in the 215. A gap of 1mm if you don't need to push the front fan up depending on your RAM size. Will work without the front fan if your RAM is tall.
Edit: Might be able to pull it off with the LPX kit.

Last edited:
D15 will be a very tight fit in the 215. A gap of 1mm if you don't need to push the front fan up depending on your RAM size. Will work without the front fan if your RAM is tall.
Edit: Might be able to pull it off with the LPX kit.
Yeah you are right. Its 165 mm for the CPU cooler vs 166 mm clearance for the case.

I remember a lot of trouble with memory compatibility with Zen 1. Corsair LPX kits work at rated speed nowadays without too much tinkering in AMD?

I had to go with GSkill FlareX. Nowadays I think the Neo kits from GSkill are hassle free with AMD right?

I remember a lot of trouble with memory compatibility with Zen 1. Corsair LPX kits work at rated speed nowadays without too much tinkering in AMD?

I had to go with GSkill FlareX. Nowadays I think the Neo kits from GSkill are hassle free with AMD right?
Can't speak from experience :( But haven't seen any issues online of late with LPX except that they suck are overclocking.

My RAM is Ballistix LP Sport, they are low profile, but thanks for this catch, I guess I'll have to go with Meshify 2 to be safe.
I don't want any component replacements to be a hassle later.
I know of Sport LT, not sure of LP. But I'm pretty sure it'll fit being one of the lowest profile RAMs. I saw a video of a guy running 215+D15+LPX, I'll find that if you want check. Can also look at Lancool II Mesh if you want.

I know of Sport LT, not sure of LP. But I'm pretty sure it'll fit being one of the lowest profile RAMs. I saw a video of a guy running 215+D15+LPX, I'll find that if you want check. Can also look at Lancool II Mesh if you want.
Yup, it was the Sport LT, my bad.
Today was the last day for HDFC Card discount on Amazon, so I placed an order for Meshify 2 at 12K.
Saw the video of guy installing a D15 in 215, but he didn't close the side panels at the end, will read up a bit more on it and cancel the Meshify 2 if I am sure things will work with 215.

So researched a bit more and if you want to go for the best case pick Meshify 2.

If you want to save as much as possible then 215.

If you want a good balance of noise+cooling then the LanCool II Mesh.

If you want a good balance of noise+cooling then the LanCool II Mesh.
This is a really good case, but it doesn't fit 360 AIO on top.
I want to either save money or get the best (this is almost always a mistake), if I go midway I'll have a lot of buyer's remorse. :D

This is a really good case, but it doesn't fit 360 AIO on top.
I want to either save money or get the best (this is almost always a mistake), if I go midway I'll have a lot of buyer's remorse. :D
IMHO my research is a year old at this point but GamersNexus Steve did a comparison of AIOs and the delta between 280 and 360 was not that much as far as I remember.

Another good option would be the NH-U12a but its that vomit tan and poop brown colour though.

Yup, it was the Sport LT, my bad.
Today was the last day for HDFC Card discount on Amazon, so I placed an order for Meshify 2 at 12K.
Saw the video of guy installing a D15 in 215, but he didn't close the side panels at the end, will read up a bit more on it and cancel the Meshify 2 if I am sure things will work with 215.
Sport LT is 32.5mm and D15 offers a RAM clearance of 32mm. So with Sport LT the cooler height will be 165.5mm (with the fan pushed up .5mm) and the clearance of 215 is 166mm. Will fit. But in the future if you upgrade the RAM it'll be a issue. There's a real lack of good low profile RAM these days.
You can pick the NH D15S though, which won't have any clearance issues.
I'm going with the Corsair 4000D for my D15 build... which will materialize one day...

Back