Need WiFi ADSL Modem

LaatSahab

Skilled
I have a BSNL Broadband connection and the simple ADSL modem that they gave, 1200 one with 1 LAN port and 1 USB port. Now I want a ADSL modem-cum-WiFi access point provider so that I can hook up my E51 and soon-to-buy Laptop with it. Budget is 2-2.5K max.

even i was interested in the same config....... i.e. modem + wifi router in the same price range but it seems those are pretty expensive.

I got price for buffalo adsl wifi router 3.7k in pune, which is more than the total....... 1.2k (for MT841 of dataone) and wifi router 1.95k. So using dataone modem/ router along with separate wifi router is way better, cheaper option.......

If you come across any better solution, do here pl so even i will know.....

TIA

I dunno about anything in your budget, but I got a Linksys WAG200G for around 4k a few months back. I think it's less than 3.5k now. Pretty stable device. No problems so far. You will probably get something from D-Link, Netgear or Pronet for less than 3k.

Harpy.eagle said:
even i was interested in the same config....... i.e. modem + wifi router in the same price range but it seems those are pretty expensive.

I got price for buffalo adsl wifi router 3.7k in pune, which is more than the total....... 1.2k (for MT841 of dataone) and wifi router 1.95k. So using dataone modem/ router along with separate wifi router is way better, cheaper option.......

If you come across any better solution, do here pl so even i will know.....

TIA
BroadBand Modem+Router

Mates need some input asap.

I am about to enroll for BSNL 500C Plan.

Which Modem+Router I should opt for. Even WiFi will also do. Please let me know about company,aprox cost and if possible place to get it online/in pune. Also need to consder fact that NU is from 2 am to 8 am .. so modem should support auto reconnect @2.02am through batch file/some software ....

BSNL is also selling 4 Wifi modem for 1800 .. i dont know the company though ...

Is BSNL ka default modem is of any use?

If you already have a modem, then rather than go in for a modem+router just go in for a router - should save you about 1.5 K

@idea,

u can go ahead with type 4 modem +router. I have been using hauwai brand ( chinese) but its working abs fine for probably more than 3 yrs now. I have even kept it on /connected for many days continuously so pretty sure of their build quality. Though its connected through stabiliser all the time.

U wont be able to run advanced commands from modem itself like connect/reconnect/ disconnect on its own but thats accepted at that price range. Similar products from other companies cost almost 3k which is too much. So for now u can go to bsnl router and have limited range wifi ( if at all it is) and then in future get additional router, may be N std so make desirable infrastructure where u can automate / schedule connection processes.

With bsnl modem u can run batch files in windows and automate/ schedule connection task too..

Cheers

Harpy.eagle said:
@idea,

u can go ahead with type 4 modem +router. I have been using hauwai brand ( chinese) but its working abs fine for probably more than 3 yrs now. I have even kept it on /connected for many days continuously so pretty sure of their build quality. Though its connected through stabiliser all the time.

U wont be able to run advanced commands from modem itself like connect/reconnect/ disconnect on its own but thats accepted at that price range. Similar products from other companies cost almost 3k which is too much. So for now u can go to bsnl router and have limited range wifi ( if at all it is) and then in future get additional router, may be N std so make desirable infrastructure where u can automate / schedule connection processes.

With bsnl modem u can run batch files in windows and automate/ schedule connection task too..

Cheers

Does that mean i need not have to stay awake @ 2 am .. for NU?

fractal said:
If you already have a modem, then rather than go in for a modem+router just go in for a router - should save you about 1.5 K
Thanks but i dont have it ... so need to go ahead with total package ..

Party Monger said:
The bsnl wifi modem is also very good..Which comany's are they offering..?
UTstarcom ones are good..I have one for some time now..

BSNL says it depends on stock .. at the time of installation ..

Back