Need urgent help with Android update!

Nir-V-aNa

Disciple
Hi guys,

I just connected my Note 2 to my PC via Kies and it showed that the JB update was available (262 mb) and asked if I wanted to upgrade. So I went ahead with it and it was downloading fine till about 66% when suddenly my PC showed low space on my C drive. So I cleared space on it via Ccleaner and after sometime I got an error saying Kies doesnt recognize the phone and I should restart the phone and connect again. But on my phone I see the Android logo and it says "Downloading...Do not turn of target !!". Its been that way for about half an hour now, should I be worried? A 262mb update shouldnt take this long right? I need to leave for office in an hour and I need my phone...any quick suggestions? :1ign13:

you can safely restart your phone also as until the download completes it wont start installation....
The 262MB update is V4.1.2. I also installed the same on my Note 2 yday.

Thanks, I had to leave so I just unplugged it and removed the battery. Phone is fine. My 2nd unsuccessful attempt to upgrade :(

I did it over WiFi.... There is nothing very useful or important in this update for Note2 users. SIII and N7000 users should benefit greatly from this update.
Waiting for 4.2...
Try again on a high speed connection... thats the best way...

Go to SETTINGS -> ABOUT DEVICE -> SOFTWARE UPGRADE -> UPDATE.
Make sure you have checked the WiFi only option.
Also if you check the Auto Update option it will periodically check for updated and inform you if there is any available.
Checking this option is good because it helps you to get an update relatively earlier than users who update manually...
Hope this helps...
First time you may even get a message saying that Update are available in order they are requested... In this case just check again after 6-8 hours.

My reason for upgrading is that for some reason I'm unable to install any apps via the Internet on my phone (Vodafone 3G). The download starts but just gets stuck, right at the beginning. They install just fine over wifi, in fact they install even if I connect to my friend's 2G connection via hotspot but they won't install on my own 3G connection. I'm also unable to download any files through the browser (chrome or dolphin). I'm also unable to switch on tethering on my phone. Downloads work fine on utorrent though. And surfing and streaming is also good, so I know that the connection is okay. I was hoping updating JB would fix this and save me trips to the service centre but both my attempts have been unsuccessful so far :banghead:

I have all those options selected already, I'll still have another crack at it at night. And I keep getting that message whenever I try to check for updates, have gotten it like 7-8 times now though I never tried it over wifi. In order to not receive calls during the update, I put the phone in flight mode... That's fine right? I have a 1mbps connection btw.

No need to keep your phone in Flight mode.
Also just try to reset your phone to factory settings and then try downloading apps or stuff.
Other than that I don't really see any problem for not getting the update.
I hope you dont have any stupid app for monitoring the data usage or similar which may be causing problems with your downloads.
One way is to uninstall every App and install it again...
Your bandwidth should be sufficient.

Nope I don't have any data monitoring apps as android has that built-in. If I reset the phone, I'll lose all my contacts, data, songs, movies, messages etc. right? Would really like to avoid that if possible... I have around 80 apps installed... Installing them all over again would be a real pain. Let's see, I'll try and update again before I resort to that. How much time did it take for you to update? Start to end?

Back