Need To Gain Weight-Suggestions Needed Badly

unni

Adept
Literally everybody who knows me personally has been telling me to gain weight for the last 1-2 years. But I kept on saying to myself "aah...this is the way God made me, and this is the way I gonna be...". But lately, certain things happened that forced me to change my mind. I really badly want to get some fat. I think I need to gain atleast 10 kgs. I have been around 60-64 kgs for the past 4 years I think. So, I need advice from TE fellas.

Should I just start eating twice the food I already eat and go to a gym or should I go and see some doctor?

If doctor, please suggest somebody good and not too costly in Bangalore.

lol! this is interesting. people usually crib about gaining weight and this one wants to gain some. :lol:

an advice - just stay happy and forget all these cosmetic things.

Just start doing push ups and pull ups at home every morning and evening, continue increasing the count, you will see the difference in 1 month, your diet will increase automatically. And I guess you will be in shape to start workout in gym in 2 months. Can you mention your height please cause I think if you are around 5'4" to 5'6", you weight is fine.

There is no better way to do this, if you do not want to resort to mega mass and shit.

6pack said:
lol! this is interesting. people usually crib about gaining weight and this one wants to gain some. :lol:

an advice - just stay happy and forget all these cosmetic things.

I used to think like that for at least 1.5 years. But now since I have decided, its very difficult for me to go back. This feeling that I am very thin will always be there with me. :(

naive_harry said:
Just start doing push ups and pull ups at home every morning and evening, continue increasing the count, you will see the difference in 1 month, your diet will increase automatically. And I guess you will be in shape to start workout in gym in 2 months. Can you mention your height please cause I think if you are around 5'4" to 5'6", you weight is fine.

There is no better way to do this, if you do not want to resort to mega mass and shit.

I am not exactly sure about my height. I am either 170 cm or 180 cm (it's either one of these :)). I will get correct height by today evening :D.

I never bothered about anything related to body building till now. So, I have absolutely no clue what should I even look for. Anyway, I do not want to eat any medicines to increase my appetite. I want to go the natural way.

Coming to the weight part - most people expect me to weigh some where around 50-55 from the way I look. When I tell them its 64 kg, they look surprised. Most of them, including my mom says 64 kg is due to my bones. :)

My dad wants me to get checked up by a doctor to make sure that there is nothing wrong with me...

^^

These are just social issues. Do not worry about it. Even many used to say the same to me. Am on the 'lean side'. I got so paranoid, that I went to a doctor for a thyroid profile test. He checked my BMI -- was fine. I still went for a thyroid test...it came out normal. Was not hyper. Just suggest you get your BMI checked. If it is fine, chill. Just social crap.

@op, even i'm sort of thin but I don't feel bad or anything when people say you're so thin or you need to get fatter. instead look on the brighter side. people like us can eat any amount of any food we want and not feel guilty of putting on weight or need to count calories. ;)

Eat rice at night, have fried food once a day, avoid exercise, and sleep less. Let us know the results after one month.

Else if you drink, beer is the way to go :D

PS: Those are the things I had to change to lose weight ;)

unni said:
Literally everybody who knows me personally has been telling me to gain weight for the last 1-2 years. But I kept on saying to myself "aah...this is the way God made me, and this is the way I gonna be...". But lately, certain things happened that forced me to change my mind. I really badly want to get some fat. I think I need to gain atleast 10 kgs. I have been around 60-64 kgs for the past 4 years I think. So, I need advice from TE fellas.

Should I just start eating twice the food I already eat and go to a gym or should I go and see some doctor?

If doctor, please suggest somebody good and not too costly in Bangalore.

here is the trick. There is a place called "Meghana Food" near Empire Hotel in Koramangala 5th block. Have biryani couple of times a week for a month and you will start gaining weight but do some work outs so that the weight will not be concentrated on tummy. There was rapid increase in my body weight when I used to have lot of biryani there but due to lack of work outs, my tummy started bulging :0

Dude i was in the same situation as yours some time back. I was @ 58 kg & im 5'8 so i was made to join gym & after doing rigorus weight training & having good amount of carbohydrate rich diet made me to reach 66kgs in just 1.5 month. Keep doin wieght training & try some banana shake after exercise & in breakfast you will surely gain whole lotta weight but keep in mind weight training & bit of cardio not much but bit of cardio is muct to gain wieght, in a healthy way.:)

yes chap be happy and proud of being thin. Same happens with me, everybody around me just keeps saying just eat n eat and gain weight....i'm the thinnest guy in my group too. But now i'm now worried about it. We people can enjoy any amount of food we want n not worrying about getting fat5 like usually peo0ple worry now a days. )

My bmi is low and no thyroid issues. I went for all tests. And rest ALL IS WELL. And if you r tall then doctor says tall people have their skeleton structure built in such a way that we people tend to hardly gain any weight and still are healthy people.

And i have become an idol for fatty people....they r just jealous of me...:rofl:

If you want to get your tummy out then only you can opt for BEER CANS...coz 1 of ma friends is 47kgs, 27yrs old and he too went for beer...n guess what????
he is still the same but got pregnancy type tummy..:ashamed::bleh:
So now you can think on this...

And dont go by the chart that if your height is so n so n so ur weight should be this much...all bullshit crap..:mad:
So i will advice just stay healthy and fit...weight has nothing to do about it. Unless you are gonna make career in WWE :eek:hyeah:

desiibond said:
here is the trick. There is a place called "Meghana Food" near Empire Hotel in Koramangala 5th block. Have biryani couple of times a week for a month and you will start gaining weight but do some work outs so that the weight will not be concentrated on tummy. There was rapid increase in my body weight when I used to have lot of biryani there but due to lack of work outs, my tummy started bulging :0

Didnt know there were more Meghana fans on TE. Used to be a regular visitor, along with Lord Dag00n and Sandy :)

@unni: what i don't get is why would you want to put on FAT?

Putting on the fat is as easy as tick tack toe but it is twice as hard to get rid of the fat.

What you should be aiming for is muscle. When i say muscle don't think of Ahnuld and the likes. Start going to a good gym and they'll figure out most of the things for you according to your fat and muscle %.

And always remember 70% of your fitness goal depends on your diet. So to gain, what you are looking at is lots n lots of dairy, bananas, rice, any kinda meat etc etc. I'd suggest a better diet plan but first you need to be clear about your goals: Fat or Healthy Weight Gain?

ajab.ghajab said:
Eat rice at night, have fried food once a day, avoid exercise, and sleep less. Let us know the results after one month.

Else if you drink, beer is the way to go :D

....and he can expect a heart attack in the next 10 years.

Consume extra 500 calories above maintenance every day , you ll gain .5 - 1kg a week .

You can use a weight gaining supplement if you aren't able to eat enough .

Your maintenance calories should be around 2000 - 2100 Cal's / day (140 lbs x 15) . Keep in mind though that wether you gain more of muscle or fat will depend on what kind of food you eat . (junk food / soda etc = fat ) .

I was in the same boat for several years, tried everything but only thing that worked and helped me increase from 60 kg to 70 kg in about one year is this-

3-4 eggs daily, one lays chips packet daily (20 Rs packet) and Mcdonalds mcaloo tikki burger atleast 2-3 times a week.

Trust me it works. :)

There is no way you can directly build muscle mass, so don't even listen to the suggestions about gym and all. It will only reduce your weight if you are already low on fats. Put on some fat and then enjoy Gym.

arjun123 said:
3-4 eggs daily, one lays chips packet daily (20 Rs packet) and Mcdonalds mcaloo tikki burger atleast 2-3 times a week.

Just be glad that you are still alive to tell the tale ! :lol:

arjun123 said:
I was in the same boat for several years, tried everything but only thing that worked and helped me increase from 60 kg to 70 kg in about one year is this-

There is no way you can directly build muscle mass, so don't even listen to the suggestions about gym and all. It will only reduce your weight if you are already low on fats. Put on some fat and then enjoy Gym.

^ A very unhealthy diet.

@OP, you can have one whole egg plus three to four egg whites, 2 servings of nuts and lots of milk. Workouts like Push-ups, pull-ups and squats so be good for the start and then hit the gym.

Back