Need to buy Power strip with surge / spike protection (Details Inside)

Hey I am confused by your reply. You said that both the 6 port ones (white and green) are essentially the same and you are suggesting not to buy them ?
But in your earlier post it is mentioned that you are satisfied by MX products. :S

Yes, MX products are good, and i have been using the green one (but 4 ports) for last 4yrs now. What i meant is don't go for this particular model of MX, since the switch is of not a very good quality. Sorry if i confused you.
I am also about to buy a MX spike guard and have shortlisted these, and suggesting you the same. The switches on the ones below (first 2 links) are exactly same as what i have on my MX extension board and its pretty good and durable. I just wanted to check the USB model once before buying.

6 port individual switch
6 port individual switch with individual fuse
4 port with individual switch and 2 USB ports

the website lists MX price and thier price which is anywhere between 25-50% less than MX price. Will have to call them and confirm if the prices are real.

@Malique

So can we get the same 2 you listed above at Lamington road ? Someone mentioned Soni (IIRC) shop in Chunam lane at Lamington ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Malique

So can we get the same 2 you listed above at Lamington road ? Someone mentioned Soni (IIRC) shop in Chunam lane at Lamington ?

I just called up MX office (twice), the guy was helpful on both occasions. first i had called up to get clarity on the website pricing (MX price v/s our price on the side). Next time i called up to clarify about power strip and surge protector. He recommended me the below saying that it is a newer model and i kinda liked it reading its specifiations.

MX 6 WAY UNIVERSAL SPIKE SUPPRESSOR WITH INDIVIDUAL FUSE, SWITCH & CHILD SAFETY SHUTTER
MX No : 2953
MX Price :
rupeesymbol.jpg
Our Price :
rupeesymbol.jpg
You Save : 20%

Online purchase, min order is rs. 1000 and rs.100 shipping, which is still less than the MX price. i might buy it online, as i don't see a trip to lammy/town in the coming weeks.

If anyone happens to visit lamington road area, request you to please check if the above mentioned model is available and if yes then how much does it cost. Because there is a chance that the same product might be significantly cheaper at lammy.

If anyone happens to visit lamington road area, request you to please check if the above mentioned model is available and if yes then how much does it cost. Because there is a chance that the same product might be significantly cheaper at lammy.
@raksrules i happened to visit the IICF exhibition at BKC and MX had a stall there, i bought this 4 port spike guard for rs. 700 after negotiating from initial quote of 750(MX Price: 975, website price: 780). The 6 port one was quoted for 900 (can be negotiated i feel)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back