PC Peripherals Need to buy ne cooling [VERY URGENT]

Deathdart

Disciple
Hey,
I'm currently looking to buy new cooling solutions for my PC. The main reason for this is that my GPU keeps overheating (goes to 110 degrees and shuts down the PC after half an hour of gaming). My CPU also runs quite hot while rendering 3D scenes etc., going upto 77-78 degrees C. I'm using all stock cooling, so looking to buy CPU and GPU coolers + cabinet fan. My current configuration is:

Intel core 2 quad q6600
Palit ATI Radeon 4850
CoolerMaster RC300 cabinet (elite 330)

The full config is on my rig gallery, if required.

Please suggest cooling solutions BY COOLERMASTER ONLY because CM is easily available from my retailer and I want him to get my hardware and install it for me. I don't mind spending 6-7k on this if the amount is justified. I've found some good arctic cooling coolers but I'm not sure if they will be available.

A quick response would be appreciated!! :)

Regards,
Abhay

CoolerMaster 590 ATX Case 3.7k

+

5x Amigo 120MM 70CFM fans .9k (Rs. 180x5)

+

Tuniq TX-2 Thermal Paste Rs. 150

+

50 Zip ties for cable management Rs. 100

+

Arctic Acellero S1 VGA Cooler 1.7k

+

OCZ Vanquisher CPU cooler 1.2k

Total 7.75k, Enjoy

Hey,

I do not wan to spend unnecessarily on a new cabinet etc., just fans for now. Please suggest something by coolermaster ONLY since this is easily available to me... I know these other coolers are better, but I don't wanna go through the hassle of getting them.

UR current case is very cramped, Trade UR current cabby for CM 590, if dealer is like fren. Pay differance etc, U can install 6-7 fans in 590.

Its worth it, n for fans, U will get 4 screws w/ fan, U can install URself, buy from TE dealers.

I would really rather stick with the current cabinet and have the dealer install the fans because I'm afraid to touch anything inside my cabinet hehe. Thanks for the suggestion though. :) Any suggestions for CM fans at all?

@OP: For cooling the GPU, get the Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 rev.2 from Amarbir[Chandigarh].

Shoot him a PM and he'd get back to you with prices. You should get the stuff delivered within the 2nd working day, using DTDC Air as the shipping option.

For cooling the Q6600, get the TRUE. Assuming he stocks them, get it off via him. Should cost you 2.6k + shipping and thereabouts. The Sunbeam CCF is almost as expensive as the TRUE now and it makes more sense to invest in a TRUE considering you've a Quad core processor.

Get 2 Amigo 120mm fans from him as well (one for the Accelero S1 and another for the TRUE). Cheap but effective. Costs around Rs. 170. Snip off the LEDs before operation in case you hate bling in your system.

PS: You'll need some zip ties to attach the fan to the Accelero.

DOn't worry DD .. every one has to learn once, you won't screw anything while installing h.w

1. Get a new cabinate.. CM590 or Antec 300// Both will be in 3.x k range..

2. Thermal paste as suggested..

3. Couple of Amigo fans.. Or get the Thunderbird from Thermaltake .. 650 from KMD :)

4. For CPU get a good HSF . Sunbeam CCF 90mm should be arnd 2k :)

Deathdart said:
Hey,
I do not wan to spend unnecessarily on a new cabinet etc., just fans for now. Please suggest something by coolermaster ONLY since this is easily available to me... I know these other coolers are better, but I don't wanna go through the hassle of getting them.

***1>>fans

Long Life Fan 120mm
(R4-C2R-20AC-GP) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>if u hate led
Speed (R.P.M.) 2000 R.P.M.
Air Flow (CFM) 69.69 CFM
Air pressure (mmH2O) 2.94 mmH2O
Fan Noise Level (dB-A) 19 dB-A
90 CFM Green LED Silent Fan 120mm
(R4-L2R-20CG-GP) >>>>>>>>>>>>my choice with green led
this fan cannot come without and led it can come with
a green or a red led
Speed (R.P.M.) 2000 RPM
Air Flow (CFM) 90 CFM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hap2: :hap2:
Air pressure (mmH2O) 3.04 mm H2O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hap2: :hap2:
Fan Noise Level (dB-A) 19 dBA .........add as many fans as possible!!:eek:hyeah:

******2>>VGA cooler

replace the vga cooler by a ""Thermalright VGA Cooler HR-03 plus ""
is is avalible in a lot of places ,u can get it for Rs. 2,700.00 and add a CM or
TRUE fan to it ,i guess a 120 mm fan should fit fine (people correct me if i m
wrong)if not a 92mm fan would also be just fine
Thermalright VGA Cooler HR-03 plus

PC Perspective - Thermalright HR-03 VGA Cooler Review

Palit Radeon HD4870 512MB Graphics Card Review - Page 21 - Hardware Canucks

Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! USA

Try this cooler feel its best for 4850 that is there ... Guess its available at Amarbir or even Prime for 3.5K Plus you add two good fans ... something like Thermaltake Silentcat .... which would be 1.6K

But what others have suggested is simple dude, coolers job is to give as it name suggests cool temps to the gpu chip. Air cooling depends on how airy your cabinet is. if in end cabinet is cramped they wont be able to serve you any good. and more over that 110 of your gpu would be end up making ur whatever air is in there in cabinet further hotter...

If you dont wanna invest in cabinet. Why dont you get a professional and cut a hole in any one side-panel of your present cabby. Put a good 120mm or 200mm ...fan + grill and all that internal circulation can be taken care off.

Apart from that .... look at liquid solutions ... I dont have experience dealing with them .... so read on them.

Thanks a lot, that seems to be a better option for me.. I asked my dealer and he said he could install an extra fan on the side of the cabinet as well :)

just make sure that this cabinet fan is big... as in BIG :) but still silent.... n grill to make sure dust n rest doesnt become problem. Good idea could be actually just drill lot of holes :)....

for a 200 ....

n thnks :)

After using Amigo, U wont invest in Rs.650 fan w/ same CFM. Again thunderblade is rated only 21dB but it matches Scythe 37dB zyuni in noise, ask Saiyan, Roboghost or Chaos. Only industrial grade fans like Scythe, Sunon, Delta and Nexus have honest ratings.

@ hybrid black - CM fans r not 19dB, even 70CFM version feels like 25dB, this 90CFM version will be 30dB approx. Have used CM, Amigo, GT, Delta. GT under rated too.

Dark Star said:
3. Couple of Amigo fans.. Or get the Thunderbird from Thermaltake .. 650 from KMD :)

@ OP - U need new case, Elite is very small case, after fitting TRUe120, installing ATX 4/8pin cable will be big problem. Also accessing SATA slots w/ AC S1.

Agree with ^^^. The 33x is a pretty small case and it does not have any fan mounts both for inflow and outflow. My suggestion would be try it step by step and see the results before going further.

Step 1. - Buy 3 Amigo fans, which are cheap and do a good job - 170X3. Put one in the front of your case at the bottom very close to the front panel grills. This can be stuck into place with double sided tape which costs about 50 bucks for a roll or use zip ties. The second will be an outflow at the rear. Check the direction of the airflow with a small piece of paper held in front of the fan so tat you dont mount it the wrong way. #rd fan can be fixed to side panel for inflow.

Step 2 - If the above does not solve your problem, then go to step two - Get a VGA cooler, there a lot of ones in the market, chose one that would work with a later upgrade if possible.

Step 3 - If it still does not work, which I doubt, then get a new cabby, cpu cooler etc.

ATI cards always overheat. Regarding CPU cooler ask your dealer to get Hyper N520 which is pretty small than other coolers.

Regards,
Anand

Hey, I just looked inside my cabinet and the 330 seems to have an extra space for a fan in the front panel (grill looks the same as that for the back fan). Will installing these 2 fans be enough for cooling? i.e. one in front and one behind? Right now there's no fan in the front.

My motherboard's website says that it has:
# 1 x CPU fan header
# 2 x system fan headers
# 1 x power fan header

How many fans does that allow me to install? I'm on a Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G mobo.

EDIT: I just read that the power fan header is for a PSU fan or something, but a case fan can also be connected to it, it'll just run at max speed all the time... Is this true? Does this create any problems?

Deathdart said:
Hey, I just looked inside my cabinet and the 330 seems to have an extra space for a fan in the front panel (grill looks the same as that for the back fan). Will installing these 2 fans be enough for cooling? i.e. one in front and one behind? Right now there's no fan in the front.

Yeah but make sure you invest in some good fans unlike the Coolermaster 19dB ones which promises pushing a lot of air. :lol:

Installing a good intake in the front and one exhaust at the back should improve the air-flow within the enclosure.

Deathdart said:
My motherboard's website says that it has:
# 1 x CPU fan header
# 2 x system fan headers
# 1 x power fan header

How many fans does that allow me to install? I'm on a Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G mobo.

EDIT: I just read that the power fan header is for a PSU fan or something, but a case fan can also be connected to it, it'll just run at max speed all the time... Is this true? Does this create any problems?

AFAIK the power fan could be for fans rated at high wattage. I could be wrong though. Most motherboard fan headers go kaput if you try connecting a fan with a high wattage rating. So its wiser to connect them directly to the PSU if you want to run them at the rated full speed. It could end up being noisier though.

AFAIK the power fan could be for fans rated at high wattage. I could be wrong though. Most motherboard fan headers go kaput if you try connecting a fan with a high wattage rating. So its wiser to connect them directly to the PSU if you want to run them at the rated full speed. It could end up being noisier though.

By high wattage rating, how much do you mean? What rating is safe to use?

Back