CPU/Mobo Need suggestions with system problem

dp_008

Disciple
Hi guys,

I am noticing some significant decrease in response time of my computer.

The specs of my system are as follows:
- E7400 C2D, not overclocked.
- 2 GB DDR2 800, Kingston RAM.
- 9600GT DDR2 Gfx Card.
- Generic PSU 550W.
- Windows 7 Professional x64.

Daily usage is like this:
I run an Ubuntu using VMware for working mostly via remote connection and commandline. Simultaneously work on Windows too as per requirement, watching videos and surfing on net.
512 MB RAM assigned to VM. System Up-Time is around 12-16 hours daily.

Attached two pics:
- Task Manager (for CPU and RAM usage).
[attachment=10743:17737.attach]
- Speedfan for Temperature of components.
[attachment=10744:17738.attach]

I need suggestions on whether to go for increasing RAM, and / or Overclocking the system a bit (if possible).
System-Upgrading is not possible currently and I thinking of using this system for 1 more year. Or any-other option for improving the response time.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• TaskMan.jpg
    TaskMan.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Temp.JPG
    Temp.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 71
Sluggish response might also be due to software. Bogus files or registry entries might also slow down your system. Use some registry cleaner like CCleaner, and also clear your system of junk files using that app.

^^ dp_008 Sire, first clean the Registry and delete the files using a program like CCleaner http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner, then de-fragment your hard drive thoroughly using a software like O&O Defrag http://www.oo-softwa...oducts/oodefrag

download this from TPB
<

. With CCleaner you can also remove a lot of background applications that start at boot-up, and shred any unused disk space for firmly deleting data, it also banishes a lot of temp files [which cannot be recovered].

After this is done, if you still experience a sluggish then I suggest you buy a 2GB stick of RAM + Seasonic S12II 430W ~ 2600/- [the new SMPS will make sure that your system can be safely over-clocked as well as it is 80+ Bronze certified so your system will run more efficiently, consume lesser power and dissipate lesser heat -- GO Green!!].

Then over-clock your system ~ 10% -- 20% and see the difference.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Back