Budget 0-20k Need suggestions for a new system for video capturing

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
The City of Diamonds.
Here are my needs and my options kindly guide me what should I purchase.

TIA

My Needs : I need to build a recording and archiving PC to record surgeries which I do endoscopically and microscopically. My source feed is Full HD output as DVI port. I will need to record surgeries and then edit them and keep clips for record / academic purposes.

Options I have
First :
Use my current system as a recording system and build a new better specification system as main system and editing system.

My current system is AMD X2 4800+ CPU on a Jetway 692GDG MB (ATI chipset with onboard Mobility Radeon 1300 GFX), 4 GB DDR2 RAM Will this suffice for recording only?

If it suffices what should I go for the new system

Proccy : AMD / INTEL
MB : which chipset
RAM : DDR3 (How much 8GB or more)
SSD : 128 GB or 256 GB (cost ffective and VFM is what I am looking at)

PSU / Monitor / Cabinet / HDD I have so this 4 things should settle in between 15-20k.

I will be using Avermedia HD Capture card to capture the streaming video. I already purchased it during the GOSF sale.

I am willing to purchase online and also decent VFM second hand deals from reputed old members of the forum.

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
@medpal Sire, I doubt your current RIG will suffice for your needs (HD recording).

In its stead --

Intel Core i3 3220 ~6500/- OR Intel Pentium G630 ~3500/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3200/- (I think 8GB in dual-channel should be more than enough for your needs)
OCZ Vertex4 128GB ~7550/- OR 256GB variant ~14200/- (from onlyssd.com)
AnandTech - Bench - CPU -- Intel Core i3 vs. Pentium G620.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
The City of Diamonds.
@ALPHA17 thanks for the suggestions.

When I receive the capture card I will try and use it on my present rig and see if it can cope with it or not, if not then boom, will need to spend on two rigs :p

Will bug more if the need be.

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
@ALPHA17 thanks for the suggestions.

When I receive the capture card I will try and use it on my present rig and see if it can cope with it or not, if not then boom, will need to spend on two rigs :p

Will bug more if the need be.

Sure, Sire. Whenever it is needed. Cheers!