Monitors Need Suggestions for 22" FHD IPS Monitor Budget 9k

impulse1992

Reds under the bed
Disciple
Hey guys I'm looking to buy a 22" FHD IPS Monitor for 8500rs / 9ooors (need to keep spending as low as possible but can consider if the Monitor is really good).

I have narrowed down to these models.

Dell S2240l for Rs.8699
http://www.flipkart.com/dell-s2240l-21-5-inch-led-backlit-lcd-monitor/p/itmdf4zvqauzt2z4

LG 22MP55HQ for Rs.9790
http://www.flipkart.com/lg-22mp55hq-21-5-inch-led-backlit-lcd-monitor/p/itmdvzjg62fmpv3

I wanted to know which one is better considering (Build Quality, Reliability, Picture/Colour Quality, Specifications. After Sales Service. etc) ?

& Is getting LG worth the extra 1k it demands??

Can I get the offline (Lamington Road) prices of these monitors
Also can you guys suggest any other models in my budget.
Need to buy before 12th July.

Your choice depends on whether you want a matte or a glossy screen.
No real preference here

Main thing I wanted to know is which one is better considering (Build Quality, Reliability, Picture/Colour Quality, Specifications. After Sales Service is LG's ass better or on par with dell. etc) ?

& Is getting LG worth the extra 1k it demands?? What extra features does it offer?

Last edited:
The LG looks like a newer model.
Pros
-tilt & detachable base if you want to wall mount.
-hdmi, vga, audio out.
0.24mm dot pitch. (Pixels would be closer and clearer I think)

The dell is a 2011-12 model.
Pros - thin bezel. Don't know if base can be removed for wall mounting.
Cons - no audio out.
0.26mm dot pitch.

All other almost same.

Pros
-hdmi, vga, audio out.

Cons - no audio out.
0.26mm dot pitch.

All other almost same.

Dell has 3.5mm out. No wall mounts though.

@OP

I would say go with Dell. Had to RMA the monitor, got great onsite service.

Am planning to get the touch enabled one when I can do some impulse purchases.

Pros
-hdmi, vga, audio out.

Cons - no audio out.
0.26mm dot pitch.

All other almost same.

Considering the above points & Some other differences in specs from Flipkart mentioned below

LG
Response Time = 5 ms
Vertical Frequency (Analog): 56 - 75 Hz

Dell
Response Time 7 ms (gtg)
Refresh Rate = 60Hz

Can you guys tell me if the LG monitor is really worth the extra 1k or are the differences just on paper
Sorry for asking this again & again but I would like to keep the budget as low as possible[DOUBLEPOST=1405075114][/DOUBLEPOST]
Dell has 3.5mm out. No wall mounts though.

@OP

I would say go with Dell. Had to RMA the monitor, got great onsite service.

Am planning to get the touch enabled one when I can do some impulse purchases.

Was it the same monitor that I'm considering
What was the problem?

Last edited:
Considering the above points & Some other differences in specs from Flipkart mentioned below

Can you guys tell me if the LG monitor is really worth the extra 1k or are the differences just on paper
Sorry for asking this again & again but I would like to keep the budget as low as possible

I bought LG MP55HQ for Rs. 9200 offline.

Dell has glossy screen & LG has matte screen. Glossy means reflection. If you are sitting in a bright room or you have windows or light sources in front of the screen, reflection can be a big issue. But some people like glossy screens. LG has matte finish & has less reflection. LG monitor is PWM free too. If you like glossy screens go for Dell.

Both the monitors use LG AH-IPS panel. There might be some small differences in panel specs. Both the monitors have good picture quality.

Both have 3 years warranty. LG has onsite service while Dell only do replacement. The problem with Dell is that they usually replace with a refurbished one.

I bought LG MP55HQ for Rs. 9200 offline.

Dell has glossy screen & LG has matte screen. Glossy means reflection. If you are sitting in a bright room or you have windows or light sources in front of the screen, reflection can be a big issue. But some people like glossy screens. LG has matte finish & has less reflection. LG monitor is PWM free too. If you like glossy screens go for Dell.

Both the monitors use LG AH-IPS panel. There might be some small differences in panel specs. Both the monitors have good picture quality.

Both have 3 years warranty. LG has onsite service while Dell only do replacement. The problem with Dell is that they usually replace with a refurbished one.

Thanks for your reply
Gonna go with the LG Monitor

i got the dell s2240L like 2 days back .. must say .. bang for the bucks spent ... really a good one ..
was using an lg lcd before so didnt care to check out LG ..

@Jose.Palai
@vivek.krishnan
@6pack
@Crazy_Eddy
Hey Guys thanks for all your help, I got the monitor on Monday & it's good but the stand is wobbly & It has some Backlight Bleed issues.
Is the bleed too much? Will flipkart allow replacement?
Please suggest what should i do?

Thanks

Backlight Bleed.jpg
Backlight Bleed 2.jpg

Hmm did you check the prices for the HP 23xi. Its an amazing ips panel (lg). I thought it was an apple display when I saw one for the first time.

Back