Need suggestion on buying android mobile

skaluva

Disciple
Hi Friends,
My friend wants to purchase android mobile. His budget is 20K. He needs 8MP camera. So please suggest me best android phone in the market under his budget. He wants to buy asap, so please quickly respond.

Well if a 5 MP camera works , then go for LG optimus Black P970 .

KILLER Looks , Very sleek

BEST screen

LUKS btr thn iphone !

Superb touchscreen

and a 1 GHZ processor .

OR GO for nexus one .

I would prefer LG optimus black

@skaluva

Here is my suggestion if you are keen on getting an Droid with 8MP Camera - Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

@rhlravi
While Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is outdated hardware wise, it is still a great buy. Here's why:
1) SE X10 is getting Android 2.3 update with tweaks and UI that is also used in Arc and other newer generation phones.
2) For 16k you are getting an reliable Sony brand phone with 1 GHz processor which is more than enough for general use. Unless you are into gaming for which I will not recommend this device. This comes with warranty, so no need to import models.
3) 8 MP Camera and I still believe that Nokia/Sony has better camera phones.
4) Decent screen with 4 inch size for browsing and viewing movies
5) Most importantly it comes with all the updates that are featured in Gingerbread - Flash, Apps to SD, Wifi tethering and USB Hotspot etc.

If not, then there are no Android phones in India at that price range.

SE Arc has good 8MP cam, but it costs around 24k ... With the current ebay offer, you get 500GB HDD free. Depending upon how much u'll fetch if u sell it effective price will come down to ~22k ...
IMO best deal would be get Galaxy S II which is selling on ebay for ~25k and sell off 500GB HDD. He would get best android experience by extending his budget by 2-3k :) ...

I also second for se x10 original. I have it lying here infront of me along with my defy. And is actually better then defy in many respects.

Plays the same kinda 3d games as my defy. Fantastic screen again better then defy. Also the fact that the screen and the glass are so close together gives a much better look to the device and at the same time also improves the viewing angles. But the main adv is the camera. I am not referring to the 8mp as standout feature. But the fact is that good android camera phones are pretty rare and x10, arc, gs ii, mini are few that are good enough.

Btw if you go for x10 do note that earpiece volume might be low (or maybe they rectified the speaker) and battery life is no great shakes either.

As for the processor don't worry if you have not heard of nova 2. Most of the games i tried work fine. Including some hd games which I found absymal to say the least.

Note that arc solves the above 2 problems that I mentioned and also gives the processor a nice bump. But the camera is mostly same in both regardless of so called exmor sensor the main advantage is the camera.

Thanks guys for your suggestions. Im shocked, for 20K there is no Droid phone with 8MP Camera:). Ofcourse, i have no idea on recent mobile phones. For 5MP cam, are there any other good mobiles under his budget? Anyway i will ask him to go through this thread.

I read somewhere (in TE only) that Sony is preparing to launch the Xperia Ray and Xperia Active phones on 30th August. If that is the case, i think it could be worth waiting for the Ray since it also has 8 MP camera, and should be priced below the Arc. It should also fix the minor problems faced in the old X10, but the only possible disadvantage is that its screen measures only 3.3".

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

skaluva said:
Thanks guys for your suggestions. Im shocked, for 20K there is no Droid phone with 8MP Camera:). Ofcourse, i have no idea on recent mobile phones. For 5MP cam, are there any other good mobiles under his budget? Anyway i will ask him to go through this thread.

Ah yes, now you have a lot of options.

1. The good old Samsung Galaxy S still packs a punch and now costs under 20k (18,799/18,999 in letsbuy.com after applying coupon codes, or 19,999 in flipkart)

2. The Samsung/Google Nexus S also comes online for a similar price, but has availability issues. (Price in shops is much higher, nowhere near 20k, so buy online only if you are getting this)

Galaxy S over Nexus S:

SuperAMOLED screen

Memory card slot

720p video recording

FM radio

Nexus S over Galaxy S:

Will get fast OS updates for the next 1-2 years at least, while the Galaxy S will not get upgrades after Gingerbread (unless Samsung surprises us all)

Stock Android

Camera Flash

Some smaller stuff such as NFC

Back