Budget 51-70k Need Suggestion for PC include Monitor (no GPU)

Rajk2

Recruit
expand...
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • NONE
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • NONE
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen 5 7600 / Intel i5 12400
    • Motherboard - MSI Pro B650M-P / MSI Pro B660M-A
    • PSU - Deepcool PM750D Gold
    • Monitor - MSI G244f
    • RAM - 1x16GB 5200mhz Kingston Fury Beast( 16GB more with GPU Later)
    • Case - MSI 112r
    • SSD- Adata S70 Blade 1TB
    • Mouse - Asus Tuf M3
    • Keyboard-Adata XPG Infarex k10.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 2 months
    • AMD 7600 XT or 7700 XT GPU
    • 1x16GB RAM Stick
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Offline Hyderabad CTC
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming Most of the time.
    • Streaming game.
    • Editing 1440p Videos
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Watching HD movies
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not recommend brands with bad after sales service in India.
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • All Latest Games at Ultra
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11 64 bit

1. Much better to go with AMD as you will be able to upgrade in future to newer gen cpus on AM5.

2. Motherboard - If i remember right, MSI B650M-P along with Gigabyte B650M K have the worst VRM in B650 series. Still, should be completely fine with 7600
But, just for a bit more Gigabyte B650m DS3h can be a good choice - its price has fallen decently now - just below 13k as per pcpricetracker.
And it seems, Gigabyte B650M Gaming WIFI is even cheaper/similar right now (as per pcpricetracker ) which looks great.

I bought B650m DS3h for myself with 7800x3d and it has been running very well.
Advantage is that in future you can upgrade to better cpus.
Aftersales - both gigabyte and MSI have bad reputation for service, so cant do much.

3. Adata S70 Blade - This SSD has a reputation for high failure rate, better avoid

4. RAM - Ryzen works best with 6000C30. May atleast want to get close to that - say 600CL36 atleast which is cheap enough these days.
Depending on GPU, at 1080p, there is a good chance of getting cpu bound from time to time in latest games.

Some vids -

Motherboard - Hardware Unboxed has a few videos. Latest below

RAM scaling -

1. Much better to go with AMD as you will be able to upgrade in future to newer gen cpus on AM5.

2. Motherboard - If i remember right, MSI B650M-P along with Gigabyte B650M K have the worst VRM in B650 series. Still, should be completely fine with 7600
But, just for a bit more Gigabyte B650m DS3h can be a good choice - its price has fallen decently now - just below 13k as per pcpricetracker.
And it seems, Gigabyte B650M Gaming WIFI is even cheaper/similar right now (as per pcpricetracker ) which looks great.

I bought B650m DS3h for myself with 7800x3d and it has been running very well.
Advantage is that in future you can upgrade to better cpus.
Aftersales - both gigabyte and MSI have bad reputation for service, so cant do much.

3. Adata S70 Blade - This SSD has a reputation for high failure rate, better avoid

4. RAM - Ryzen works best with 6000C30. May atleast want to get close to that - say 600CL36 atleast which is cheap enough these days.
Depending on GPU, at 1080p, there is a good chance of getting cpu bound from time to time in latest games.
1.Okay ! Will stick with Ryzen 5 7600

2. This build is for full gaming and editing, usually runs like 5-6 hours a day.
So will the Gigabyte Gaming Ds3h or Gaming VRMs will hold ? What about Asus prime b650m A ( AMD mobo prices are on high side)

3. Any other Gen 4 SSD suggestion which comes in the budget?

4. I read the overclocked or XMP Ddr5 RAM giving issues like crashing windows, restarting, boot time lag etc... faced something like that?
( Planning to get 7700 XT if not 7600 XT in near future)

Should be good. Can buy just 1 RAM stick now.

Downgrade to B650M DS3H if:
- you want to save money
- fine with no WiFi/BT
- fine with 2 M.2 slots instead of 3 on the B650 Gaming X
B650M DS3H has good enough VRMs to handle even 7950X at a budget, just watch the videos posted earlier on VRM testing. Surely B650 Gaming X is better but I generally recommend it because of WiFi/BT & 3rd NVMe slot rather than the better VRM. If you are gaming mostly, maybe you will upgrade to R7 9800X3D or so in future which won't draw as much power as a 7950X stock does.

PSU can be downgraded to PM750D to save money as well, lower quality but will suffice for 4070/7800XT.

4x DDR5 RAM sticks have issues with XMP/EXPO. So if you feel you need 64GB RAM for editing work, get 1x32GB 6000MHz stick now, add another later. The advantage of 2 sticks of RAM on gaming is less pronounced in DDR5 vs DDR4, so you can definitely live with 5% less fps for a few months.

If you need monitor within 65k, then drop AM5 plans. Get R5 5600 + B550 + DDR4 based rig as a 1440p monitor will cost at least 20k (Acer XV272U V3). If 7700XT falls to under 40k, it will be a competent 1440p card. 4070 Super is expected in Jan, so maybe 4070 will drop in price as well. AMD GPUs are usually overpriced in India at launch but are better priced after some time, so maybe 7800XT will drop in price early next year.

2. This build is for full gaming and editing, usually runs like 5-6 hours a day.
So will the Gigabyte Gaming Ds3h or Gaming VRMs will hold ? What about Asus prime b650m A ( AMD mobo prices are on high side)
7600 doesn't use much power so its all good, but i only suggested as price difference is not much and you get a board that should even be able to run 7950x.
+ likely extra m2 slots and such ( check and verify ).
Look at the video i linked for motherboards. Asus Prime has comparatively shitty VRMs without being cheaper - no point in getting those.
gigabyte board prices have gone down decently in last few months. I bought ds3h for 15k ( 14k after discount)
ds3h is enough, but suggested Gigabyte B650M Gaming WIFI if you can get it at the same price ( is slightly cheaper as per pcpricetracker ) as you get wifi for free.
For slightly less than 13k it seems to be a no brainer vs other options.

4. I read the overclocked or XMP Ddr5 RAM giving issues like crashing windows, restarting, boot time lag etc... faced something like that?
( Planning to get 7700 XT if not 7600 XT in near future)
Yeah lot of it should be resolved with latest bios update. Make sure to update bios. With gigabyte, you may have to update via designated usb port + button beside it as there was a uefi bug in earlier versions.
I have absolutely stable setup with gigabyte ds3h + 6400C32 running at 6000C30 ram. Ram/motherboard never gave me any issue - absolutely no crashes.

You can get more details in this thread

Also best to wait for advise from more experienced people too. I only did some research for my build but dont keep track of various parts that much.

- you want to save money
- fine with no WiFi/BT
B650M DS3H has good enough VRMs to handle even 7950X at a budget, just watch the videos posted earlier on VRM testing. Surely B650 Gaming X is better but I generally recommend it because of WiFi/BT & 3rd NVMe slot rather than the better VRM. If you are gaming mostly, maybe you will upgrade to R7 9800X3D or so in future which won't draw as much power as a 7950X stock does.

Gigabyte B650M Gaming WIFI currently seems to be at same price as B650M DS3H as per pcpricetracker - both slightly less than 13k.

Should be good. Can buy just 1 RAM stick now.

- you want to save money
- fine with no WiFi/BT

PSU can be downgraded to PM750D to save money as well, lower quality but will suffice for 4070/7800XT.

4x DDR5 RAM sticks have issues with XMP/EXPO. So if you feel you need 64GB RAM for editing work, get 1x32GB 6000MHz stick now, add another later. The advantage of 2 sticks of RAM on gaming is less pronounced in DDR5 vs DDR4, so you can definitely live with 5% less fps for a few months.

If you need monitor within 65k, then drop AM5 plans. Get R5 5600 + B550 + DDR4 based rig as a 1440p monitor will cost at least 20k (Acer XV272U V3). If 7700XT falls to under 40k, it will be a competent 1440p card. 4070 Super is expected in Jan, so maybe 4070 will drop in price as well. AMD GPUs are usually overpriced in India at launch but are better priced after some time, so maybe 7800XT will drop in price early next year.
I'll go with DS3H.

Do I need CPU cooler or i'd be better off with stock cooler? as i do not going to overclock CPU anyway.

I won't be upgrading atleast for 3 years from now.

Then I'll go with PM750D as long as it is enough for System.

The editing is purely game videos and the latest games like Hogwarts, Avatar may be Alan wake 2 taking more than 16 gigs and Im assuming more games in coming years as well are going to take more than 16GB RAM so to be on safe side I'm thinking 32Gb will suffice, one 16GB now and one more later. so which makes 2x16GB ,hoping it won't cause any memory issue with 6000mhz speed.

Well,I play and record at 1080p only but I export videos in 1440p. So I'm thinking of going with MSI G244f monitor which is 11,300rs at local shop.plz suggest if any better than this one at similar price or slightly more.

Ryzen 5600 doesn't come with igpu.

Now it's 12GB or more VRAM is go to now for current and upcoming games. I would be picking 7700 XT if it comes under 40k like you said or 7800 if it isn't bottleneck the CPU.And I read 7600 XT also coming with 10GB and 12GB VRAM.
4070 is at higher price.
7600 doesn't use much power so its all good, but i only suggested as price difference is not much and you get a board that should even be able to run 7950x.
+ likely extra m2 slots and such ( check and verify ).
Look at the video i linked for motherboards. Asus Prime has comparatively shitty VRMs without being cheaper - no point in getting those.
gigabyte board prices have gone down decently in last few months. I bought ds3h for 15k ( 14k after discount)
ds3h is enough, but suggested Gigabyte B650M Gaming WIFI if you can get it at the same price ( is slightly cheaper as per pcpricetracker ) as you get wifi for free.
For slightly less than 13k it seems to be a no brainer vs other options.

Yeah lot of it should be resolved with latest bios update. Make sure to update bios. With gigabyte, you may have to update via designated usb port + button beside it as there was a uefi bug in earlier versions.
I have absolutely stable setup with gigabyte ds3h + 6400C32 running at 6000C30 ram. Ram/motherboard never gave me any issue - absolutely no crashes.

You can get more details in this thread

Also best to wait for advise from more experienced people too. I only did some research for my build but dont keep track of various parts that much.

Gigabyte B650M Gaming WIFI currently seems to be at same price as B650M DS3H as per pcpricetracker - both slightly less than 13k.
Gigabyte B650m Gaming wifi has only 1 m.2 that is where I'm looking in case of any gen4 storage upgrade in near future. But the wifi is a good advantage.
I'll check the local prices between those two mobos.

Replacing Adata S70 Blade with Kingston kc3100

Last edited:
Gigabyte B650m Gaming wifi has only 1 m.2 that is where I'm looking in case of any gen4 storage upgrade in near future. But the wifi is a good advantage.
Good catch, i did not know that. Assumed it would be better as usually gaming has more features vs ds3h.

Looking at the specs, it has dsub + HDMI instead of 2 displayport + HDMI that i have. So even that is a negative ( Only for igpu).
Even type C is missing. 2 system fan headers vs 3 in ds3h. 2 ram slots vs 4 ( but using 4 means cannot OC right now )

So this becomes personal preference, I would 100% prefer ds3h over this. wifi we can get via usb ( which is what i use) + have no need for bluetooth.
Also note that gigabyte boards have much easier to access pcie latch vs msi. Very hard to reach otherwise for large gpus. Only better way is to have a button on the right which some expensive boards have.

Last edited:
Good catch, i did not know that. Assumed it would be better as usually gaming has more features vs ds3h.

Looking at the specs, it has dsub + HDMI instead of 2 displayport + HDMI that i have. So even that is a negative ( Only for igpu).
Even type C is missing. 2 system fan headers vs 3 in ds3h. 2 ram slots vs 4 ( but using 4 means cannot OC right now )

So this becomes personal preference, I would 100% prefer ds3h over this. wifi we can get via usb ( which is what i use) + have no need for bluetooth.
Also note that gigabyte boards have much easier to access pcie latch vs msi. Very hard to reach otherwise. Only better way is to have a button on the right which some expensive boards have.

Yes. Then DS3H it is..

I'll go with DS3H.

Do I need CPU cooler or i'd be better off with stock cooler? as i do not going to overclock CPU anyway.

I won't be upgrading atleast for 3 years from now.

Then I'll go with PM750D as long as it is enough for System.

The editing is purely game videos and the latest games like Hogwarts, Avatar may be Alan wake 2 taking more than 16 gigs and Im assuming more games in coming years as well are going to take more than 16GB RAM so to be on safe side I'm thinking 32Gb will suffice, one 16GB now and one more later. so which makes 2x16GB ,hoping it won't cause any memory issue with 6000mhz speed.

Well,I play and record at 1080p only but I export videos in 1440p. So I'm thinking of going with MSI G244f monitor which is 11,300rs at local shop.plz suggest if any better than this one at similar price or slightly more.

Ryzen 5600 doesn't come with igpu.

Now it's 12GB or more VRAM is go to now for current and upcoming games. I would be picking 7700 XT if it comes under 40k like you said or 7800 if it isn't bottleneck the CPU.And I read 7600 XT also coming with 10GB and 12GB VRAM.
4070 is at higher price.

Replacing Adata S70 Blade with Kingston kc3100
Stock cooler might be fine, try it & later add AG400 if not sufficient. I added AK400 after seeing my CPU run at over 80C on certain CPU intensive games (i5 12400). Now it stays around 60-65C mostly. I can relax a bit on deep dust cleaning.

For gaming 32GB is a good spot to be for the future. 64GB is way too overkill for gaming for next 5-6 years IMO. Maybe PS6 can change that, let's see then. I use 32GB myself, convenience of 32GB is good when you want to play games with browser in background.

IMO buy the 20k 1440p monitor if you are considering 7700XT like GPU. 7600XT might end up being 6700XT like in performance. Save money on PSU (3k), cooler (2k) & RAM stick (5k) for short-term to finance the price difference. I use a 1440p monitor with 3070 & 7700XT outperforms 3070, so will do good. Where it ends up feeling weak, you can always render that game at 1080p or use FSR quality mode. Your call as monitor can potentially last for many years & maybe even your next build after 3-4 years.

7800XT won't be bottlenecked much by R5 7600. So can get it or 4070 if their prices drop enough in the coming months.

1701951376618.png

Stock cooler might be fine, try it & later add AG400 if not sufficient. I added AK400 after seeing my CPU run at over 80C on certain CPU intensive games (i5 12400). Now it stays around 60-65C mostly. I can relax a bit on deep dust cleaning.

For gaming 32GB is a good spot to be for the future. 64GB is way too overkill for gaming for next 5-6 years IMO. Maybe PS6 can change that, let's see then. I use 32GB myself, convenience of 32GB is good when you want to play games with browser in background.

IMO buy the 20k 1440p monitor if you are considering 7700XT like GPU. 7600XT might end up being 6700XT like in performance. Save money on PSU (3k), cooler (2k) & RAM stick (5k) for short-term to finance the price difference. I use a 1440p monitor with 3070 & 7700XT outperforms 3070, so will do good. Where it ends up feeling weak, you can always render that game at 1080p or use FSR quality mode. Your call as monitor can potentially last for many years & maybe even your next build after 3-4 years.

7800XT won't be bottlenecked much by R5 7600. So can get it or 4070 if their prices drop enough in the coming months.

View attachment 184844
Going with 1440p monitor will exceed my budget. I had to go with 12400 build to get it.Ill think about it. Suggest any good 1440p gaming monitor under 20k.

Recent game Avatar giving 55-60fps with 7700 XT at 1080p ultra.6700 XT 45fps. So assuming coming games could be more intense on GPU.
7700 XT will be 1080p card instead of 1440p for newer games and on. FSR or Dlss is the only way.

Going with 1440p monitor will exceed my budget. I had to go with 12400 build to get it.Ill think about it. Suggest any good 1440p gaming monitor under 20k.

Recent game Avatar giving 55-60fps with 7700 XT at 1080p ultra.6700 XT 45fps. So assuming coming games could be more intense on GPU.
7700 XT will be 1080p card instead of 1440p for newer games and on. FSR or Dlss is the only way.
Acer XV272U V3 is under 20k, goes OOS frequently.

Your call on monitor, my recommendation stays with above one because of higher res & higher screen size.

Even the Gigabyte b650m k (ver 1.1) holds excellent with ryzen 7600 and 32 gb ddr5 ripjaws s5 with EXPO on. PBO enhancement applied and this cpu does 5.1 ghz all cores at 80 degrees max with stock cooler. Built this config for a friend. GPU is 4070. Long gaming sessions and no issues.

Even the Gigabyte b650m k (ver 1.1) holds excellent with ryzen 7600 and 32 gb ddr5 ripjaws s5 with EXPO on. PBO enhancement applied and this cpu does 5.1 ghz all cores at 80 degrees max with stock cooler. Built this config for a friend. GPU is 4070. Long gaming sessions and no issues.

Im picking Gigabyte DS3H one.
I checked prices at local shop.
Gigabyte b650m Ds3h is 14,500.
Asrock b650m hdv m.2 is 12,600.

I could save 2k there. Is Asrock any good?

Last edited:
Im picking Gigabyte DS3H one.
I checked prices at local shop.
Gigabyte b650m Ds3h is 14,500.
Asrock b650m hdv m.2 is 12,600.

I could save 2k there. Is Asrock any good?

No idea about actual usage, but Asrock B650 boards are very popular for being the best budget boards in US and in reviews.
They were not really available when i bought. Initially this one and a similar asrock board ( B650m Pro RS i think which has more features - 3 m2 etc) were my first choice.
VRM is similar to ds3h, so good enough ( Can verify in first video that i linked earlier).

Check specs, i think it also has PCIE5 nvme m2 slot.

On downside, i really like PCIE extended latch in gigabyte boards now.
gigabyte boards are below 13k online. You can try to use that to negotiate with seller perhaps if you prefer gigabyte.
Support - no idea, people dont seem to hold asrock in high regard either.

No idea about actual usage, but Asrock B650 boards are very popular for being the best budget boards in US and in reviews.
They were not really available when i bought. Initially this one and a similar asrock board ( B650m Pro RS i think which has more features - 3 m2 etc) were my first choice.
VRM is similar to ds3h, so good enough ( Can verify in first video that i linked earlier).

Check specs, i think it also has PCIE5 nvme m2 slot.

On downside, i really like PCIE extended latch in gigabyte boards now.
gigabyte boards are below 13k online. You can try to use that to negotiate with seller perhaps if you prefer gigabyte.
Support - no idea, people dont seem to hold asrock in high regard either.
Steve said it can be good for 7600 but talked something about 85'C temp limit. The only con mentioned is of no rgb headers.

So PCIe gen 5 nvme m2 has backward compatibility for PCIe gen 4 right?

Well I go 2x16gb..So 2 slots is enough right.
My concern is the VRMs, I don't want any hang or crush issues due to heat.

Also gen 4 SSD run on Gen5 slot right?
32GB RAM is enough for next 5 years or so easily IMO.

Again, check the Hardware Unboxed VRM test video that a kind gentleman posted earlier.

SSD slots & even SSDs are backwards compatible.

Back