Budget 51-70k Need Suggestion for Gaming Laptop

Imran_Khan

Disciple
Hello Guys,

I might be visiting US for an official trip during April and would like to purchase a Laptop from there. My usage is browsing, movies as well as some extensive gaming. Though I have a gaming rig but this would be used as a portable gaming rig. I have been through certain models and still confused about which would be the best bang for the buck. My budget is around $1200 (it never hurts if I save some from it though :)). Below are few of them (I am also open for suggestions).

1. MSI GX60 (7970M)
2. Lenovo Ideapad Y580 (GTX 660M)
3. Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (GTX 650M SLI)
4. Toshiba Q875-7380 (GTX 670M)
5. HP Pavilion DV6t - 7300 SE (GTX 650M)

Points which I am concerned most are-
1. Best for gaming
2. Best bang for the buck with the given configuration
3. Availability of International warranty which I can claim in India if the situation arises.
4. Cooling. Though I am not much concerned about it but if certain model heats too much then it could be a concern.

I am leaning towards MSI GX60 due to the 7970M (dGPU) which is a beast but am concerned about the AMD A10-4600M CPU. Will it be sufficient enough for me for my current needs of gaming and movies. I would like to use this laptop occasionally and for around 3-4 years. All the Intel i5/i7 configuration are also good but the combo lacks some GPU punch. I might not need an i7 CPU as my usage does not involve any video rendering/CPU intensive tasks.

I would appreciate every piece of advice and suggestion.

Thank you,

Regards,
Imran Khan

I am surprised you missed the Asus models. VW55 and VW75. Take a look. It's on my list for the next laptop purchase with gaming intent.

I am surprised you missed the Asus models. VW55 and VW75. Take a look. It's on my list for the next laptop purchase with gaming intent.

Thank you for your input, I will surely consider them as well given they are within the budget limit of $1200.

Guys, anymore suggestions are welcome.

while buying gaming laptops don't consider only the GPUs & CPUs. better go with SSD option. SSDs not only loads games fastly/smoothly it will generate less heat.

Dont go for the MXI GX60 ... the CPU is a major bottleneck ... from what i have read. I would recommend going for MSI GE60 or if u can MSI GT60.
MSI have been in gaming laptop business long enough. If u want a gaming laptop, i will recommend looking at either MSI or Asus if u want after sales support in India.

Back