CPU/Mobo Need some advice about proccy and Mobo(<9k)

Rg_M

Disciple
first of all i want to clear few thing

1.My budget is strictly 9k

2.My Gfx card is HD5750 1G DDR5

3.i use my pc mainly for gaming,but i mainly play games on low res(1024x728)

So any help about new mobo,ram and cpu will be really helpful.Amd/intel anything will do
happy19.gif

Intel G620-3.5k OR If you can stretch the budget-Intel i3 2100-6.2k

Intel DH61WW-3.5k OR GIGABYTE GA-H61M-D2H-3.5k

Corsair Xms3 2X2gb-1.5k OR Gskill ripjaws 2X2gb-1.5k

I hope you've a good psu please mention that as well,hope this helps.
happy19.gif

First please mention your current config. For an increase of ~10fps, it does not make sense to suggest a new config, IMO.

nah,I had to ditch my old pc due to many reason and sold some parts,.thats why i didnt mentioned any thing about my pc.

It had

E7300

2Gb DDR2

biostar g3id-m7

Well, would suggest to go with the G620 + H61 combo in that case. Try to get as much as DDR3 1600MHz RAM as possible after buying the CPU and mobo

Well, would suggest to go with the G620 + H61 combo in that case.

The G620 will be too anaemic to perform effectively at such a low resolution, where games are more CPU dependent, OP if possible please get the following --

Intel Core i3 2100 ~6200/- OR Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/- [if the budget really pinches your options]

ASUS P8H61M-PLUS ~3500/- OR Intel DH61 WW ~3200/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1600/-

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

#[member='ALPHA17'] Even with a dedicated GPU? Hmm, did not think of that.

Actually the lower the resolution falls from 1280 x 720 [720p] standards the more the games become dependent on CPU than GPU because, the current crop of graphics cards are stiff enough to last ~2 --> 3 years depending on what settings you are using. Most game engines used currently are --> Unreal Engine 3 and the likes are almost ~5 years old they hardly pose a challenge to the current crop of cards, but the CPU still has to spew a certain number of frames to keep the graphics card busy.

So the bias shifts from GPU --> CPU.

It is not a decisive difference, the differences can be attributed to the minor differences in cache memory size [which are marked].

Also gaming scores are better and the TDP is lowered vis-a-vis the older generation chip. We are trying to convince the OP to go for a Core i3 2100 [keeping the future in mind] and that beats the Core i3 540 handily --> http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/143?vs=289.

Also the Intel Pentium G620 / Core 13 2100 can be paired with a H67 motherboard and the processor can be upgraded with to Ivy-Bridge chip [LGA 1155 socket] if the OP feels so.

Hope this clears the air, Cheers!!

only thing is stopping me to get i3+h61 combo mentioned is budget.since majority preferring h61+g620,i will go for that.

Back