Budget 41-50k Need new laptop for dad

masterkd

Disciple
My dad has been using this laptop for almost 8 years now. Recently the display started to get some black spots. So planning to buy a new one during BBD sale.
  • What's your Budget? 50K
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Web surfing, office apps, Casual Gaming (Limbo, Incredible adventures of Van Helsing, Victor Vran, Titan Quest, Diablo 3)
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? Good to have 15.6" screen but can work with 14", Weight wise around 2.5 kg should be good
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Lenovo is my dad's first preference as the experience with current laptop is good, would like to stay away from HP, Acer
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)
Thanks in advance for all the suggestion.

Last edited:
Wait till 7th Oct for sale to begin.

Normal laptop - Get a 14" laptop IMO. HP Pavilion 14 R5, 16GB should go under 50k IMO, keep an eye on it.

Casual gaming - Do define this & mention games that will be played - for any sort of gaming, you need a proper gaming laptop. I'll recommend increasing budget to 55k to try & get a good 3050 laptop.

Wait till 7th Oct for sale to begin.

Normal laptop - Get a 14" laptop IMO. HP Pavilion 14 R5, 16GB should go under 50k IMO, keep an eye on it.

Casual gaming - Do define this & mention games that will be played - for any sort of gaming, you need a proper gaming laptop. I'll recommend increasing budget to 55k to try & get a good 3050 laptop.
Updated OP with game names

How is this MSI Core i5 12th Gen 12450H - (16 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/4 GB Graphics/Arc A370M Intel ARC/144 Hz) Thin GF63 12HW-012IN Gaming Laptop (15.6 inch, Black, 1.86 Kg)

Last edited:
Some one was selling asus vivobook K3502ZA-KJ542WS in for sale section, check it. I have the same and it's a good one, esp considering the price.

Avoid MSI because of poor after sales, but cheaper ones like GF series aren't built well as well from what I heard.

Diablo III & all are old games, will run on iGPU, but Diablo IV is new & needs a decent dGPU, like RTX 3050.

So wait for the sale to begin on 7 Oct, then tag me. I am personally looking to buy a laptop for my cousin at 60k or so, so I will be looking at deals for sure. Others can help as well once all sale prices are live.

3050 is faster than 6500M. In both, you need to add a 2nd 8GB RAM later. IMO buy an extra 1TB M.2 SSD & extended warranty as well, if not now, maybe later. Do check for extended warranty offers by manufacturers.

Lenovo -
Ideapad i5-1235U
Thinkpad i5-1235U

Samsoong -
Galaxy book 2 i5-1235U (My recommendation but careful while ordering from fkart)
First one has a TN panel, likely the second one as well. Lenovo is notorious for 15.6" 250nit TN panels on relatively budget 15" laptops. One of the main reasons people don't recommend entry level Thinkbook or ThinkPads.

Samsung one actually looks like a great deal IMO. Not 100% sRGB or backlit KB but the pricing is still great at 49k.

Still, wait for sale IMO.

Thanks for all the suggestion.
Some one was selling asus vivobook K3502ZA-KJ542WS in for sale section, check it. I have the same and it's a good one, esp considering the price.
This is a good deal however my dad is not confident on pre-owned laptops. I could not convince him.
Lenovo -
Ideapad i5-1235U
Thinkpad i5-1235U

Samsoong -
Galaxy book 2 i5-1235U (My recommendation but careful while ordering from fkart)

First one has a TN panel, likely the second one as well. Lenovo is notorious for 15.6" 250nit TN panels on relatively budget 15" laptops. One of the main reasons people don't recommend entry level Thinkbook or ThinkPads.

Samsung one actually looks like a great deal IMO. Not 100% sRGB or backlit KB but the pricing is still great at 49k.

Still, wait for sale IMO.
Yes the Samsung one looks good and I am willing to wait for the sale.

I am personally looking to buy a laptop for my cousin at 60k or so, so I will be looking at deals for sure. Others can help as well once all sale prices are live.
After dropping the plan to purchase an LG gram for 33K, I will certainly tag you. 60K is iMac territory, with a smaller screen and, of course, no number keypad and only 8GB of RAM, but still, it's a Mac :) I'm hoping Amazon or Flipkart might offer a doubt discount for a limited time:yum:
in the price range of 44K to 60K for a size between 15.5 to 16 inches.

After dropping the plan to purchase an LG gram for 33K, I will certainly tag you. 60K is iMac territory, with a smaller screen and, of course, no number keypad and only 8GB of RAM, but still, it's a Mac :) I'm hoping Amazon or Flipkart might offer a doubt discount for a limited time:yum:
in the price range of 44K to 60K for a size between 15.5 to 16 inches.
See, you have to take the call on macOS vs Windows.

I used mac air 2020 for 1.5 years till Jan 2023, I hated the OS & 8GB RAM as well. I do appreciate the stability of mac & its sleep functionality but many small things in the OS annoys me, some are just designed differently & some are just bad design.

I use Win10, which I will prefer anyday over macOS. Yet to give Win11 another try but even it had some missing features vs Win10, that's the reason I didn't upgrade.

Get that IMO, upgrade RAM later, and put a 16GB stick (4GB soldered it seems). Much better CPU & display.

Get that IMO, upgrade RAM later, and put a 16GB stick (4GB soldered it seems). Much better CPU & display.
How about HP? and have you spotted any another model in the range of 45-53K

Back