Graphic Cards Need New GPU suggestions.

My Config - Intel C2D E6550 , RAM 2GB , Bio Star TP35 MOBO , 24" Dell LCD , Resolution 1920X1080 , PSU - Corsair VX450.

Was using a 4850 which died on me , Not much of a gamer ( at the most CiV5) so need something that will allow me to play at least that game and full HD with out any issues.

Would really like a single slot card that doesnt need more power as I was hoping to add one add on USB 3.0 card , for my external HDDs ,which generally sits on the PCI 1.0 card slot.

Oh ! and the budget , ideally around 5000 but some concessions upto 2000 can be made for a better option.

What would be the best suited card for me ?

PS - even if I upgrade , would like to keep this config for at least 2 yrs as HTPC or Download rig for some time.
Would adding 2 GB more RAM make my life better ? Especially in CiV5 ???

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

There is no hurry as such , can wait till month end.

Just one reminder techies , A One Slot card would be really preferred. So that I can add that USB 3.0 add on card.

Just wait till tomorrow buddy. We'll all get a glimpse of HD7k. Then we can suggest something for you to buy in January.

hurry up

Got the HD6670 at Rs.5500 yesterday. Sadly all the cards that I was looking for turned out to be dual slot cards. So sacrificed the USB 3.0 add on card for better game performance.

Back