1. i7 920 processor
2. GIGABYTE UD5 board
3. 6GB G-SKILL DDR3 1600 MHz RAM
4. Corsair TX750W PSU
5. ATi HD4850 graphics card
6. 1 160 GB SATA2 HDD at 7200 rpm
7. 1 80 GB SEAGATE IDE HDD at 7200 rpm
8. 1 LG DVD - RW

I have a Zebronics DRACULA cabinet. It has the following for air circulation. 1 120mm fan at the rear for intake, 1 80 mm fan at the front - intake, 1 80 - mm fan at top for exhaust, 2 80 mm fan at sides for exhaust. I assembled the PC on this cabinet. I have a tube of AS5 and used it for the processor.

The current cabinet temperaure consistently stays at 40 - 45 degrees C. From the BIOS I am able to get the following: System temperature - 52 degrees C, Processor temperature - 44 degrees C, MCH temperature - 54 degrees C. All temperatures were during idle

Need help to decide on the following:

1. Are the above temperature values normal?

2. I might overclock, but not immediately but after a few months. Is this cabinet sufficient? As of now I really had trouble managing the cables although I managed to tuck them here and there to make it clutter free

3. Which is more of a priority, an aftermarket cooler for the CPU or a new cabinet?

4. As of now I have enough cooling fans to fix in the cabinet. So can u guys suggest me a good cabinet that is upto the job. No frills needed, am not for showing off. Anything that satisfies the purpose and does the job well will do. And please suggest something with a decent price tag, not something that will cost 10 - 15K!!!

5. Can this cabinet be used as a stop gap till I get a new cabinet?

After lots of searching around a few of the following cabinets seem to be good choices:

1. Antec 900
2. CM 690
3. CM Gladiator 600
4. CM Centurion 590

The CM cabbies cost ~5K and are good choices. Can u guys suggest some other models from competitive brands as well, probably ANTEC(cos going by the looks of it the Antec 900, 1200, 902 etc should cost upwards of 8K!!) ? And will these cabbys interfere with after-market CPU coolers, say the CM v8 etc?

And a few after market CPU cooler suggestions are also required.

P.S: Please do tell me where to get the respective cabinet/CPU cooler from(shops at Chennai/Bangalore or TE dealers)

Your mobo temps are higher than your cpu, you probably have problems with air flow as it maybe cramped inside. Get any decent full tower (the antec 900 & cm 690 will do fine though) case, it's worth it. I have similar temps but my cpu temps are higher than case temps.

For cpu cooler get from these - TRUE, V8, meghalem (order from amarbir) you can try the OCZ vendetta 2 also but it's push pins.

Get a case now imo and procy cooler whenever you feel like it.

PS: maybe this thread will help for cpu coolers

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/coolermaster-v8-or-zalman-9900-a-135515.html

CM gladiator is awesome.You can get it from TE dealer.Look in dealer's paradise section.
1.Tempratures are little bit on higher side especially system temperature.
2.If you have problems change the cabinet.CM Gladiator would be my pick.
3.Cabinet for now.You current cabinet doesn't look bad but fan locations are bit wierd in my opinion.
4.CM Gladiator or 690- both are spacious and are very good with good airflow

Get CM Centurion 590, Gladiator 600 is not very roomy, depth is 25mm (1" less). Also cant beat airflow in 590, direct flow, no restriction, HDDs run hot in 690 and G600.

and buy TRUe120 + Sycthe Jyuni 110 CFM, dont waste money on V8 etc.

Amien said:
Stick to this till the CM Storm Scout comes out in a few days. :)
Is it better than the CM 590/690 recommended here? If its new, will it be available immediately in India? Any idea on the pricing and when it will be released?

better in looks, build quality and slight edge in airflow, size wise its also mid tower. Both cases are targetted @ differant segments, So comparing is not wise, it will cost 3k more also.

Aparajith said:
Is it better than the CM 590/690 recommended here? If its new, will it be available immediately in India? Any idea on the pricing and when it will be released?

It's made with mobility in mind. Not much idea about the others.

Gannu's suggestion is good too, definately consider it.

Back