Laptops Need Laptop for 75K

muttster

Disciple
* What's your Budget? 75K max..less is better.
* What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Powerpoint..presentations..websurfing..
* What size and weight considerations do you have? no weight consideration..though should be portable..to be taken abroad on trips..
* Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Some known brand..popular one..
* Any other considerations? noone..

need a lappy for office work..presentations..take it abroad on trips..need to buy on monday or so..:clap:
thank you :eek:hyeah:
:hap2:

since he'll be using it for presentation wont a 12 inch lappy wud be too small to present some data in official seminars? i mean a 14.1 might be a better choice.
then again there i think u'll use external displays for presenting.
check out the Asus W3J too awesome stuff only drawback i havent know any ppls who uses asus lappys.

u certainly dont need a 75k lappy for powerpoint presentations :S and surfing unless ofcourse ur company has asked you for your choice ;)
If its your money how abt smth economical (40k usual ones) with a nice 14.1" with decent viewsing angles even though u will b using external proj for sure during pres ...

IMO tablets will be perfect for you. :cool2:

since he'll be using it for presentation wont a 12 inch lappy wud be too small to present some data in official seminars?

I presume he'd be hooking it up to an OHP anyway for a presentation...

Actually after working on a 12.1", whenever I need to work on a 15" laptop, the display text feels weird....much larger and pixellated

The only disadvantage that I feel wth a 12" comes in while watching movies

Anyway, if Office/Work related stuff is the only thing he need sto do on the laptop, and since size is not really a consideration for him, then paying the premium for a 12" does not make sense...

A Core Duo based 14" like Dell640m or the Compaq V3000 make a good buy at ~50K

hello all...the laptops for my bro..and hes pretty fixed upon buying a good 'show' off type brand..hehe..i guess the 70k vaio hes eyeing upon..

is there any model in whihc i can get core duo within 70-75k..the vaio with core duo is 100k..

will post again in a bit..littl ehungry rite now hehe

Edit: where can I buy Dell from ? they got good after sales service? i think he just wants to make the presentation on the lappy only..dunno why:p he said there r 1 on 1 meetings..

if it has to be a show off laptop then then vaio sz it is...

keep in mind though that equally specced Dell M1210 and Vaio SZ cost the same i.e. around 1600-1700 USD in the US while they cost 70K and 100 K respectively in India....your bro neds to decide if he wants to pay the unexplicable Sony India tax worth 30K

hey alll..where to get the DELL from any ideas? Need to make cash payment :cool2:

was thinking abt DellTM InspironTM 9400 Notebook and upgrading to 1 gb ram..

or xpsm1210 and 1gb ram and 7400gs grafix card?

LOL...Dell India, where else...And you cant make a cash payment

Card/Check/DD is what they'll take :p

And I don't get your reqmts at all..on one hand, you considering a 17" behemoth, and on the other hand a tiny 12"?

khud ki hi hai money..hehe..going down to Vijay Sales and checking a few things out.The HP nx6310 looks interesting.....
macbook is too complicated for my brother :)

khud ki hi hai money..hehe..going down to Vijay Sales and checking a few things out.
LOL, then go to a bank, and get a DD made for Dell or Applr or whatever you choose, you shouldn't limit yourself to making an outright cash purchase then na

hello all......i purchased a 5200tx from HP.please tellme it was a decent choice.hehe.i mean i booked it..71.4k.. core duo proccy..1gb ddr2ram..and 7400nvidia..i think fair enuff..15.4 ka screen..:p thik hai na bhai log?

Back