Need insight into health insurance

dvader

Adept
Hi

Does anybody have any experience with Care Health Insurance? I am renewing my parents' health insurance and looking to switch from HDFC Ergo to Care Health Insurance. They seem to offer better features but again don't wanna risk anything. I have seen the reviews online but again a practical insight goes a long way.

Thanks in advance
dvader

Hi

Does anybody have any experience with Care Health Insurance? I am renewing my parents' health insurance and looking to switch from HDFC Ergo to Care Health Insurance. They seem to offer better features but again don't wanna risk anything. I have seen the reviews online but again a practical insight goes a long way.

Thanks in advance
dvader
Care is pathetic, search here about my experience with.
I would suggest ICICI Lombard or continue with HDFC

My parents also have HDFC ergo this year premium increased by around 10k as they entered into a new age bracket,they contemplated changing it to some other provider but then decided against it due to their excellent service plus the extra bonus from them

Comments in r/indiainvestments forum may be worth checking.

edit: primarily, their services depend on how good the local team is, which can very.
Heard companies like The New India Assurance Co. Ltd., etc. are good bargain.
I had Care Health (erstwhile Religare) from initial days, ie., for a decade plus but I never had to use it, all these policies comes with tons of T&C., cost increased tremendously beyond rational. Stopped from this year.

Last edited:
Care Health Insurance they don't cover you at most of the hospitals as ICICI & HDFC will. One of my friend had Care he faced same problem so he moved into ICICI later.

Care is pathetic, search here about my experience with.
I would suggest ICICI Lombard or continue with HDFC
Care to elaborate? I have Care mediclaim for both parents and myself (separate policies for each due to separate pre-existing conditions), and would like to know if there are issues faced by others with the provider. I have not had the opportunity to test Care's actual coverage. It looks better than ICICI Lombard and HDFC Ergo on paper, due to the zero Co-Pay, zero Deductibles facility.

Care to elaborate? I have Care mediclaim for both parents and myself (separate policies for each due to separate pre-existing conditions), and would like to know if there are issues faced by others with the provider. I have not had the opportunity to test Care's actual coverage. It looks better than ICICI Lombard and HDFC Ergo on paper, due to the zero Co-Pay, zero Deductibles facility.
^this that's what got me confused. On paper, these guys are offering a lot of features. But that's what makes me anxious. It would be great, If other people can share their experiences.

Search this forum

Hi

Thanks in advance
dvader
One of my family members, did extensive research for Mediclaim policy, this March 2023.
We changed to Care Health Insurance with cover upto 25 lakhs for each individually..

We had Oriental, Bajaj Allianz and Star Health, shifted all to Care Health Insurance, comparing there features and future prospects.

One of my family members, did extensive research for Mediclaim policy, this March 2023.
We changed to Care Health Insurance with cover upto 25 lakhs for each individually..

We had Oriental, Bajaj Allianz and Star Health, shifted all to Care Health Insurance, comparing there features and future prospects.
Now I am more confused :rolleyes::oops::oops:

I am also interested in this. Currently have Acko Personal Health Insurance.

The amount committed and the features on paper look too good. But I do not understand their reliability. It's a 1 crore cover.

I am loath to give money to agents for insurance.

Now I am more confused :rolleyes::oops::oops:
Look, I did some research before buying into private mediclaim as well. I know for a fact that Care, ICICIL, all have no limits, no copay, no deductibles on the plans which I considered / were pitched to me. HDFCE had some limits to daily expenditure. My only criterion placed before the agent(who is also a close friend) was that I don't wish to deal with complications in policy wording at a later date.

ICICIL was too costly, thus CARE was the only remaining option.

All three of these providers have the same settlement %. Coverage across hospitals does vary.

I agree that there will be some people who have been wronged by their provider. Keep your paperwork in order, study your policy document and if your claim is declined, you can fight with the law on your side. I have personally seen my agent fight with the providers and get their claims settled when they tried to pull a fast one.

Back