Need Host :(

kuld33p

Disciple
I recently moved to webhostingpad after being looted by the local host. A small start up in Bangalore. Started charging me way much. So eventually I had to give up. I can't pay 2.5k for 20GB bandwidth. And I am still struggling with my hosting. WHP is awfully slow. Or is it just that I am experiencing it? Could someone confirm. I also made a lot of changes because the CPU usage kept going high. I don't think for a small blog like mine should be doing it. Below is the last interaction with them :D

Chat with Technical Support :D

Patrick K. : Welcome to Web Hosting Pad. How may I help you today?

Kuldeep : what is the configuration of the shared hosting servers?

Patrick K. : Could you be more specific.

Kuldeep : The server on which my website is hosted i.e. I have been given account. What is the technical specification/hardware configuration of that server.

Kuldeep : revolutioners.com

Kuldeep : waiting???

Patrick K. : We run linux servers with up to date apache and php.

Patrick K. : Is there something you wanted to know if we met the requirements for?

Kuldeep : No Sir, are you sitting in India that you are having hard time comprehending the statement which I delibrately explained twice.

Kuldeep : Tell me would I get my 100% money back if I cancel my account?

Patrick K. : I live in Rolling meadows IL about 20 minutes away from our Datacenter in Chicago.

Kuldeep : Please you can answer this question I guess clearly.

Patrick K. : Can you please provide me with the main domain on the account?

Kuldeep : Ya that means you think I am a fool, correct?

Kuldeep : Buddy, you might be sitting in sillicon valley. I don't care. I wrote in plain english and asked what is the configuration of the server on which my website is hosted.

Kuldeep : Its painfully slow compared to what I was on.. a local hosting provider. and you so called, one of the top hosts.

Kuldeep : ############

Patrick K. : You are within the 30 days for your 30 day money back period.

Kuldeep : yes, so would I get 100% money back in 30 days/

Kuldeep : is what I am asking/

Patrick K. : That is correct.

Kuldeep : I need a confirmation please so that I can keep this as evidence.

Patrick K. : Wonderful you will be able to cancel and receive your refund as long as you email billing@webhostingpad.com Kuldeep : Dear, I know I will get the refund. But how much percent and when? could you please answer that.

Kuldeep : don't make a joke out of this company.

Patrick K. : I'm not in billing you will need to contact billing in regards to any kind of refund.

Kuldeep : why the hell did you waste my time then. could you not tell me this earlier.

Patrick K. : Have a nice day sir.

Then with Billing Team:

Sharon Greene : Hello, This is the billing dept. How may I assist you.

Sharon Greene : Welcome to Web Hosting Pad. How may I help you today?

Kuldeep : Sharon

Kuldeep : I have just been a customer for around 2-3 days

Kuldeep : and I must say customer support is pathetic

Kuldeep : therefore I would like to cancel my account.

Sharon Greene : To cancel, please go to:

https://secure.webhostingpad.com/cancellation.htm

Kuldeep : would you please let me know what are the refund policies

Kuldeep : great

Kuldeep : and how about the policy

Sharon Greene : Each of WebHostingPad hosting plans carries a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our services or support within the first 30 days, you will be given a full refund.

The following services do not qualify for the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee:

account renewals, additional items and services and domain name registration Kuldeep : madam Sharon Greene : Because we are not able to delete and or untransfer the domain name once it's registered or transferred, there is a fee of $14.95 for all domain names that we register or transfer (This applies to the free domain name promotion as well). Therefore, if you cancel within 30 days of your purchase, you will be charged $14.95 for the domain name.

Free domain offer is only available during the first 30 days of service.

Kuldeep : what is the refund policy for hosting

Kuldeep : will i get 100% refund or not?

Sharon Greene : Each of WebHostingPad hosting plans carries a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our services or support within the first 30 days, you will be given a full refund.

The following services do not qualify for the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee:

account renewals, additional items and services and domain name registration

Sharon Greene :

Because we are not able to delete and or untransfer the domain name once it's registered or transferred, there is a fee of $14.95 for all domain names that we register or transfer (This applies to the free domain name promotion as well).

Therefore, if you cancel within 30 days of your purchase, you will be charged

$14.95 for the domain name.

Free domain offer is only available during the first 30 days of service.

Sharon Greene : Please let me know your domain name and I can determine the refund amount for your account if you are qualify for one.

Sharon Greene : if you fill out and submitted a cancellation form now, you would get a full refund of $71.64.

Kuldeep : till when I have time

Kuldeep : because I might take some time to look for a different host/

Sharon Greene : You will have to submit a cancellation form 3 days prior to September 19, 2011

Kuldeep : thanks

These guys do Only copy paste nothing else.

Can someone please suggest a good host. I need it desperately.

Requirements

• Linux
  • At least 50GB bandwidth monthly. (unlimited would be good)
  • Can host at least 5 domains
  • 5 GB space minimum
  • no CPU usage crap.
  • Good Support
  • I don't mind using Indian Host provided its reliable
  • My budget is around 2-3k per year.

Thanks Guys!

Wow ... you are one rude person mate. Your queries regarding the refund policy were very clearly stated on the site.

/rant

As for the domain , try DreamHost or Host So. I have accounts on both and i'm satisfied...

Sorry Dhruv if that looked like I was being rude. Actually I did not post the previous 10 odd interactions with them :)

BTW howz their policy on CPU usage thing? I am a little scared of that.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

PS: Dreamhost looks a bit costly. 9$ per month :(

PS 2: How is hostso? They seem to have reasonable prices. I mean for 5 domain hosting they are offering 3$ per month.

@kuld33p: I would recommend you my current host, HostingDost which I am totally happy with, but I fear their precious hours will be wasted dealing with you. So I wont.

If the mods feel this post is unhelpful and unreasonable please delete.

HostSo has great customer support , only had a downtime of half an hour or so twice over the past year which is fine for my usage. What kind of traffic are you using ? If you are that paranoid about CPU usage i feel that you need to step up and pay for either dreamhost or get a server.

Just interacted with them. as per them on the 8 core Xeon server if my account utilizes more than 10% or resources only then I will be TEMPORARILY suspended. IMO that is too much of resource for my account. If that is true, the biggest question.

HostDOST and all I am not sure how would it be. Any idea about shared VPS. I mean interested people can pool and here you go.

sarang said:
@kuld33p: I would recommend you my current host, HostingDost which I am totally happy with, but I fear their precious hours will be wasted dealing with you. So I wont.

I know I look to be culprit. But I was with an Indian host with nothing in the name of support but I was still happy. Its just that its not serving my requirements. every month downtime due to bandwidth issues. But here they are all available to support 24x7 but did not help me at all. I moved my account from my old host to the new server. That too I did for the first time. As per them they were supposed to handle all that. But kept saying.. mail karo mail karo... for DNS mail to this address, for domain.. mail to this address, for moving account mail to this address. I mean what the hell.. for everything if we are supposed to mail then stop this chat thing. The only thing I got from them there and then in the chat window was the Name Servers. I mean why are they sitting there and calling them tech support. And how hard it is to understand "what is the technical specifications of the server?" for a tech support guy of a big hosting company.

Stablehost.com

Hosted a friends site there and not had any issues. Although his was a very minor static website.

Their entire setup is very professional. They are very prompt to notify you about everything.

Good reviews on WebHostingTalk. Although I feel their lack of popularity is what keeps their server loads light.

They released free CDN support recently IIRC.

They don't have phony "unlimited" space/bandwidth like the other sites. But still decent enough limits.

And its pretty affordable. Look around and there are plenty of 50% off coupons. Even now they are offering a limited time 50% off.

kuld33p said:
Requirements
  • Linux
  • At least 50GB bandwidth monthly. (unlimited would be good)
  • Can host at least 5 domains
  • 5 GB space minimum
  • no CPU usage crap.
  • Good Support
  • I don't mind using Indian Host provided its reliable
  • My budget is around 2-3k per year.
Thanks Guys!

I suggest Hostdime India Usa 299 plan per month where you can host unlimited websites,Space and payments are in Rupees.
Annually it will be Rs 3,070 After applying Discounts.
The support is Friendly and Trained, you would have restrictions on cpu usage as it is a shared hosting plan(simple sites wont be a problem and make sure you don't install scripts that consume high resources). if you are looking for own server you need to spend 1800 Minimum per month for a VPS.

I suggest Umbrahosting.com . Have been hosting my 4 sites with them since 2009, and never had any problems till now.

Their cheapest plan is just $1.99/month(23.88/year = ~Rs. 1130/year)

5GB space, 50GB bandwidth and 5 Addon domains, and SSH too.

I would recommend Hawkhost. Completely satisfied with their customer support and superb uptime. (But I am sure that we so many recommendations, you're going to get confused)

Back