Budget 0-20k need home pc will be used as tv,will be also used for mild gaming

pinto paul

Recruit
What is your budget?
What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
I have nothing except a table and a chair. I am dying of boredom witout a pc..this was typed on a mobile device
(please mention the rest in above format)
Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Anything will do as long as it fits the budget and my requiremnt..

My requiremnts are to use the pc as tv as i dnt hav a tv as yet and dnt plan buy one if my pc can handle it, lots of surfing and youtube, some games like fifa 10/11 nfs most wanted. And some photoshop edit at times
(please mention the rest in above format)
Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
I was advised by a friend to go wit athlon x2 270 with asus m5a 78lm usb3 mobo with 22 inch led aoc monitor.
Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai/navi mumbai or may b online
Open to online purchase
Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No
What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing -dnt knw wat that means
Watching HD movies

I gues i am messing with the question my mobile browser is acting really wierd..

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
None
If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Fifa 10
Fifa 11
Nfs mw
Cricket
What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Dnt know but should look really good and colors should pop out as i will b using it as rv as well

Are you looking to overclock?
No
Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Win 7 ultimate or prof

My budget is 20k bt can extend till 22k.. am nt sure whether i need a graphic card but yes i will need a wifi router to connect my mobile device as well..bt thats later

Ur help and guidance is required..
Save a soul of boredom

Welcome @pinto paul to TE.

I am sure you have taken a lot of pains (and time) to fill up this entire template on your cellphone. You must be having your holidays now (from school/college)? You've also mentioned that you would like to use your PC as a TV too. Well let's keep this part for the last (only if we find a good quality TV-Tuner card for you within your budget).

Do not worry, the folks out here will help you in your quest of getting a PC & all withing your budget.

I am just copying what @ALPHA17 has noted in his PC-Build

Note: Do not rush to finalise anything as yet. Wait until others have given you their opinions.

Cheers
Terry

ULTRA-BUDGET HOME / OFFICE PC --
Components Name Price
Processor Intel Celeron G530 [dual-core] 3000
Motherboard Intel DH61WW 3000
RAM Corsair ValueRAM 2GB x1 700
Hard-drive Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3200
Optical drive [DVD] HP [boxed] / SAMSUNG [OEM] 1000
Graphics Unit HD 3000 [IGP] -
Monitor Dell IN2030M 6000
Cabinet Zebronics / iBall tower 1200
SMPS Bundled with cabinet OR FSP Saga II 400W - OR 2100
Keyboard LOGITECH MK100 combo 450
Mouse Included in combo -
UPS APC BR620VA-IN 1900
Speakers [optional] BXR 1221 1100
TOTAL 19250[not including optional components][DOUBLEPOST=1367320262][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S: If you are from Mumbai and use Reliance Energy or Tata Power you can drop the UPS (no need for it)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am basicaly frm navi mumbai and rel energy serves realy well..bt i am located in amravati now thanks to a wonderful thng called transfer policy of my co... its 45°c, 0%percipitatn, and 10% humidity..its like tea pot till 11am then frying pan till4.30 and then oven till 4am..neways..jeez look at me.. i am on a tech forum...i will be buying all the stuff frm navi mumbai or mumbai as thngs are very pricey here..1/2litre milk is 22 rs if u r wearing a tucked in shrt and shoes and 16rs if u r wearng chadi banyan..such is life..i gt a quotation frm sunrise navi mumbai 1. Athlon x2 270 +asus ma 78lm usb 3 mobo for 5700.2. Aoc 22inch led at 8600 dnt knw which model3.corsair ram 1600mhz 17004.hard disk 1td seagate 37005.dvd 9106.keybrd mouse 4007.speaker 1300All in all arnd 23.5kWAt say[DOUBLEPOST=1367392772][/DOUBLEPOST]@Jakob @Carbon
:( :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a good quote from sunrise.
Check whether the AOC monitor has full HD support (1920 x 1080).
You can increase your RAM after a few months to 8GB (you will have to buy the same brand & mhz rating).
Which Cabinet & PowerSupply are you getting ?

8gb ram ??? I am not sure if I am going to use all that RAM. But thats for later. Aoc e2243fw2k or i2252 model were discussed and they are only 400 rs apart.. not sure of the technology. i am worried about athlon x2 270s performance. Or should i dig deeper in my pocket and get something better.getting anxious by the minute. Buying everythng on 12th may i.e. if i get to go to mumbai. I never thought of a seperate cabinet and psu. I guess those that comes together will suffice for my needs.. again just wondering!!

Back