Need help with the Samsung Galaxy SII

AbDroid

Disciple
I just purchased the SII on 31st, I wanted to root it and install custom roms, I just wanted to know that if i root it will it void my warranty and once I root it can i unroot...Please help and comment..

And has anyone installed ICS on their SII?

Rooting and custom rom's will void warranty of the phone. There are few ICS rom's are out but they are not suitable for daily usage. Samsung official ICS ROM not available yet.

Unrooting is possible. Here is one of the methods. I have not attempted to unroot so far. So don't have first hand experience with it.

You can use ICS theme which is pretty good.

Screenshots of mine: SC20111226-162719 - Minus.com

CheckROM RevoHDâ„¢ V4 XXKL1 2.3.6 | SiyahKernal 2.6.2+ | ICS 1.6 Domination Universal

First check whether you have I9100 or I9100G. Check in About Phone menu in Settings for Model Name. If its I9100G, DONT DOWNLOAD any ROMs made for I9100, as they will brick your phone. Only 2 ROMs and 1 kernel are available for I9100G, and they are not really worth installing.

@OP...plz search XDA its the best place to educate yourself. Even after that you have difficulties rooting/unrooting we are always there to help you out. But first do proper research mate! Happy New Year!!!

devvfata1ity said:
@OP...plz search XDA its the best place to educate yourself. Even after that you have difficulties rooting/unrooting we are always there to help you out. But first do proper research mate! Happy New Year!!!

Happy new year to you too, i had rooted my previous phone via the help of xda planning to do the same for the SGSII, If i have a problem in rooting the device i will post it here, Thank you.

root the phone then flash cwm with its custom kernel for your build, flash stock kernel, will remove the yellow triangle, then flash the kernel via cwm will ensure u have cwm,root and custom rom without the yellow triangle, the yellow triangle at booti s all they check for warranty replacement.

^^I dont think so. I don't watch videos on a daily basis, so the latest CM9 build is my daily driver for now :)

SoulFire said:
root the phone then flash cwm with its custom kernel for your build, flash stock kernel, will remove the yellow triangle, then flash the kernel via cwm will ensure u have cwm,root and custom rom without the yellow triangle, the yellow triangle at booti s all they check for warranty replacement.

Thank's for the info i will do that for sure if have any problem's in my S2 and want to give for replacement

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

red dragon said:
Congrats!

Can you play 720p rips in CM9 alpha?

Sent from Galaxy S2

I am having problem's transferring file's to the cellphone i will try it by connecting a micro sd card to my cell and see if it can play it

Back