Need help with selecting mp3 player.

adbanginwar

Disciple
Hi,
I want to buy a mp3 player which stores 100gigs+ music.
I am about to get ipod classic 7th gen 160GB. i was wondering if there are ipod alternatives?
Do any of creative players have big capacity?? i checked sony, they dont have anything above 8GB.

any info to sites, threads with be of help.

thanks.

why not get a 32Gig flash based player. I have a 100g+ song and movie collection but the songs that I listen to are around 25G.

if you want a HDD based player, go for Apple ipod classic or Cowon A5

also check ipod touch, samsung T3 and Cowon S9 for flash players.

Go for iPod dude. No player beats that. It has the best UI and produces awesome sound. I would recommend to get a nice pair of earplugs though, maybe senheisser cx300.

adbanginwar said:
Hi,
I want to buy a mp3 player which stores 100gigs+ music.
I am about to get ipod classic 7th gen 160GB. i was wondering if there are ipod alternatives?
Do any of creative players have big capacity?? i checked sony, they dont have anything above 8GB.

any info to sites, threads with be of help.

thanks.

check the forum anythingbutipod. . .You will find the answer

op,

u will not have so many options if u need so much space.From what i read the 7th gen ipod classic sounds really good.You will find better sounding players like s9 or even fuze if space is not really a concern..

May i ask u why u need 100gigs of music on a portable?

((get a HDD to store 100gigs of music.. will be cheaper..))

get an ipod for style(no class or quality.. ppl buy ipod bcoz every1's buying 'em)

if u r going to buy an mp3 player then the most imp thing to look for is sound quality..(not size. or what apps it can run. a nokia cell phone has more than enough aaps)

Code:
http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/sony-walkman-nwz-a728/4505-6490_7-32893466.html?tag=userReviews;summaryRatings

check out the this review & also the user reviews & find out the best sounding mp3 player.

2nd best would be Cowon iAudio

3rd - creative

u can get cheap phones with better sound quality than an ipod (try nokia 5130 @5k)

those who are suggesting clip+ and fuze. Guys, he want a player with huge capacity. these things won't go beyond 8Gb.

@sir_peter, yes. ipod audio quality was bad till recently. but the 3G ipod touch audio quality is excellent. And ipod classic always had excellent audio quality, only problem being a HDD player, has mechanical parts which means it is a bit fragile.

I have used Cowon D2, ipod nano, creative zenvision:M and now using ipod touch 3G 32G and the new one is clean and flat sounding player and I liked the audio quality when connected to full sized headphones.

@desiibond dude.. just try a Sony A-series mp3 player.. beats the hell out of any other player in sound quality.. the touch is a flat sounding player (thats not a good thing dude.. it's a con) i hv tried it.. i know how it compares to a Sony walkman.. the clarity & bass u get is uncomparable to an ipod..

btw the sound processing chip is the same in all ipods.. n they hvn't upgraded it from the 3rd gen nano..

the touch is good as a video player..(n for apps/games-get a psp) but it hardly performs as a audio player..

desiibond said:
those who are suggesting clip+ and fuze. Guys, he want a player with huge capacity. these things won't go beyond 8Gb.

That's not right,i'm using a 8gb fuze with a 16gb micro sd.I don't know about clip+ but with 24gb,fuze has no problems.

sir_peter said:
@desiibond dude.. just try a Sony A-series mp3 player.. beats the hell out of any other player in sound quality.. the touch is a flat sounding player (thats not a good thing dude.. it's a con) i hv tried it.. i know how it compares to a Sony walkman.. the clarity & bass u get is uncomparable to an ipod..
btw the sound processing chip is the same in all ipods.. n they hvn't upgraded it from the 3rd gen nano..
the touch is good as a video player..(n for apps/games-get a psp) but it hardly performs as a audio player..

The Sony a series is really good,but not the best.The sansa fuze sounds way better than a828,atleast for me.I do not understand why u hate ipods so much , they are not that bad.

@asrphani, ah. I didn't think of that feature. thanks for correcting me.

peter's anger is generic that every one will have till they use current gen ipods. I had to wait till now for a good sounding ipod. And I am happy that I waited.

Sansa Fuze, Sansa Clip, Creative Zen, ipod touch are best when you want the music to be played without any equalizer. For the enhancement injected music playback, cowons and sonys are leaders.

my frnds hv current gen ipods.. i hv used them enough.. a 5th gen nano & a 3rd gen touch.. (even with good headphones they don't sound too good.. sound is too flat.. )

i'm not saying ipods r bad(overall).. i'm just saying ipods r crappy mp3 players.. the touch is good for games n video playback..

the ipods can bcome the best players if they upgrade their sound chips.. but they won't coz ppl just buy them as they are..

if u check out the US & japanese markets.. sony is the best seller.. the sony x-series is a killer.. but in India only ipod.. i just want to make ppl think (& may be research a bit) before they buy stuff..

peace\m/

jith77 said:
check the forum anythingbutipod. . .You will find the answer

thank you for the site :hap2::hap2::hap2: amazing site. personally i'm not a fan of ipods but other players have very less penetration in india.

Got loads of new brands to chose from now. will do research on them for now.

anyways i can settle for 32/64GB. anyone who ones cowon/zune/etc please PM me. would like to hear about its quality from a fellow TE member.

^^ Hey I have the Amp3 Pro 2 and I have yet to hear a player to beat that in SQ. However I will never recommend it for its horrible shortcoming to the interface. If you want a mp3 player for pure SQ then and only then get the Amp3.

adbanginwar said:
Hi,
thanks.

If you really, really want to have all that music at one go, I'd say go for an iPod Classic. Forget the Headphone out, go for Line Out. From what I've read, SQ would improve with iPod + LOD + Amp => HP. I've never owned (and may never own) an iPod, so cannot confirm :)

HDD based players are counting their days. Won't be long before larger capacity Flash based players hit the street, of course at a price premium.

Go for a Flash based player which offers memory expansion i.e., Clip+, Fuze, D2/D2+ etc., and have a few 32GB cards around ;)

I can suggest a thing that first choose the quality that music sound, servicing etc.
If u want more than 8 gb then u can choose your set from samsung group.The main important point is on which application the mp3 player can run.

Back