Need help with a DSLR

KingKrool

Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
Hi, I'm looking to buy a DSLR.

As of now, I know nothing about photography, which is why I want to buy the DSLR. I always wanted to learn, and this is one way to go (traditional film photography has film and paper expenses, and is slow if you don't have your own dark room).

Having said that, I need a DSLR (8.0 MP or so, I don't really need higher), with a decent in built flash (I really don't want to lug an external flash around along with the already oversized cam + lens kit), and a couple of lenses (one for regular wideangle, and one telephoto).

Give me suggestions for the best combo. I guess image stabilization in the telephoto lens will be too expensive.

I won't be buying the thing immediately, will need to save up the money required which will take anywhere from 3 to 4 months. I know technology will change, but I am looking to get an idea of what stuff I should look for. It is also possible that I buy the cam and wideangle first, followed by the telephoto a bit later.

My budget is in the lower range for DSLRs - don't go suggesting the Nikon D70 because I can't afford the 1.2k USD price tag.

KingKrool

Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
Yeah, I am probably going for the Digital Rebel XT with the stock lens. But I do need a telephoto lens too. I don't need something too fancy, but if I'm going to be spending money I do want something that isn't a piece of Chinese trash.

dhiman

Disciple
Nov 13, 2005
D50 is also an excellent option. In Grey along with the kit lens it will cost you around 30K INR. cheap body + better lens is better an option then expensive body + cheap lens, and since you are just starting, i think D50 will serve you well. We also have a nice forum jjmehta's Photography Forum - Index for photo enthusiasts

Happy clicking :)

Reactions: 1 person