[Need Help] Windows 10 Crash and system restart on game Menu, Match start :(

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I am in very weird situation. Getting system crash on game start. Before it was an issue in memory sector. I swapped the ram. previous ram working fine in other system. other system ram getting same issue I suppose, has the crash happen in same fashion.
No issue with gpu. 6800xt.

Full spec in signature

What can be the real issue here?

Can it be Microsoft? (Conspiracy to force user to upgrade to windows 11)
1701761409661.png

Or my c drive ssd?

1701761439611.png

Memory pool
1701761519370.png

This is too frustrating now....

What I have observed. I can run Death match in Valorant, but as soon as I start Competition / Rank Match, I get crash. CS2 crashes system on menu screen itself.

I thought it was an issue with bios. So updated bios, PBO and CBS was turned off for testing. still I hard crashes. Crashes where so hard that some of my programs sessions where blown out! My stream deck 1st page was destroyed. can't find it at all. but 2nd screen / page is intact!

***************************** UPDATE *****************************

I did some 12 + Hrs of debugging and found below.

Samsung ssd x Nvidia 3060ti = no crash
Firecuda 530 ssd x Nvidia 3060ti = no crash
Samsung ssd x AMD 6800XT = no crash
Firecuda 530 ssd x AMD 6800XT = CRASH

Have tried changing ram, motherboard and processor. same results as above with 3900XT and 5900XT.

so either its the SSD or GPU or something related to this both!
I got WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR but not for CPU.
This is confusing ...
could it be the pool file for amd gpu which is causing issue as its not able to read some memory section ? Should I format 530 and try?

Attachments

• 1701761384809.png
    1701761384809.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 1701761466929.png
    1701761466929.png
    16 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Run diagnostics on hdd and as you said other ram also having similar issue then maybe there is problem in ram slot....try changing to different slot and did you try running any other game.
Also is system restarting or there is bsod?

You haven't mentioned the gpu?
Mention full system specs.
Updated!
Run diagnostics on hdd and as you said other ram also having similar issue then maybe there is problem in ram slot....try changing to different slot and did you try running any other game.
No blue screen. In CS2 hangs for a second of 2 and then restarts system. In valorant, hangs and restarts immediately! Had same issue in star field before.
System cry’s if I try to use 1 and 3 slot. 2 & 4 is favourites

Then try using slot 1-2 u will loose the channels but will get to know exactly the problem....otherwise as of now it seems issue is with mobo....maybe it is not able to take load properly.

There's no such thing as conspiracy. Since yr 2k21 my laptop and desktop both have the Win11 update but I'm simply pushing it further.
Your mobo ram slot has the issue.

There's no such thing as conspiracy. Since yr 2k21 my laptop and desktop both have the Win11 update but I'm simply pushing it further.
Your mobo ram slot has the issue.
He is right, windows 10 is also used by business users, if they start doing this, Microsoft wouldn't exist for more than a week. Either your RAM slot has issues or your CPU/Socket is dying, either way, swap out the motherboard and see if the issue persists.

I did a re installation of chipset drivers and ddu clean gpu drivers installation. for the moment the issue seems to be resolved. wired ~_~

Anecdotal, but amd 6000 GPUs do seem be more crash prone than nvidia 3000 series. Have 2 friends who have amd gpus, one with 6650xt, crashes sometimes in Apex Legends. Another friend with 6500xt (2nd system in hometown) crashes all the time in Apex (+system lockup), to the point where he gives up for the night if it starts happening. We play apex custom matches with discord vc, and call out ceasefire when it happens. They have both tried ddu'ing drivers etc.. The nvidia systems (and we have many, 1070, 1660, 3050+ti, 2080+ti, 3080ti, 3x 3060ti) are rock solid (at least on apex).

again had solid crashes and penalty for being AFK! no idea whats wrong! at least I was able to go in the match!
just found a crash report!
1701797186028.png

I am now doing this:
1701797691614.png

is this good?
can this be an issue for me ?

1701798647613.png

Last edited:
There are chances cpu might be the issue. I faced problems with r5 3600, I swapped everything except processor. Issue remained, lastly I rmaed the processor and no more issues.

There are chances cpu might be the issue. I faced problems with r5 3600, I swapped everything except processor. Issue remained, lastly I rmaed the processor and no more issues.
I always have a spare Athlon 3000G just for debugging and emergencies. I once forgot to peel off the sticker on the cooler and the system kept shutting down, I have repressed the memory of that incident after wasting 6 hours debugging the issue and noticed the sticker when swapping the CPU.

Very well, check the firecuda for any errors, then format it and try again with amd gpu....if still i would say get it replaced
I checked it previously but no errors on the drive found! it was via seagate tool. should i use something else?

Back