Need help on D2+!!

Metalspree

Skilled
Its been 4 days that i have got my D2+.It sounds amazing,have few questions though

1) Whats the difference between MTP and MSC mode??
2) Why does the battery indicator show wrong info??.As of now the battery indicator blinks but i have been using it for 6 hrs :S
3) Is there any way to make gapless playback work??.Its very annoying when listening to radio shows:crazy:
4) Where can i get detailed info about equalizer settings and whats BBE+??
5) Every time i put the player to hold mode while not listening to songs the player shutsdown.Is there a sleep mode in the player like the one in ipod or ZEN?

TIA:eek:hyeah:

^^ Look at the time post :eek:hyeah:

Btw one question, afaik, by gapless playback when it comes to music, it means that the silence between two songs, right?
How is it related to radio shows ??? :S

raksrules said:
^^ Look at the time post :eek:hyeah:

Btw one question, afaik, by gapless playback when it comes to music, it means that the silence between two songs, right?
How is it related to radio shows ??? :S

Radio shows is not the radio shows which happen in India .They are trance radio shows,which dont have pause in between or adverts like in India:p.Its bothering me a lot while listening to them and there is pause between songs.

Answers inline:

When in MSC mode, the D2 simply maps drives when connected to a computer by the USB cable - one for the internal memory and, if inserted, one for the external SD card.

When in MTP mode the D2 acts as an MTP device. It will work with Microsoft Windows Media Player (and other device based software like the excellent Media Jukebox 12) as a media device. This can make managing and synchronizing media much easier for many users.

2) Why does the battery indicator show wrong info??.As of now the battery indicator blinks but i have been using it for 6 hrs

See if upgrading firmware fixes that. Also, having huge playback time of 50hrs for audio, even a 5% battery will give you 2.5hr listening time :)

3) Is there any way to make gapless playback work??.Its very annoying when listening to radio shows

afaik no gapless playback

BBE: Sound effects that provide the clearest music.

I think BBE is equivalent to treble level or clarity of music.

5) Every time i put the player to hold mode while not listening to songs the player shutsdown.Is there a sleep mode in the player like the one in ipod or ZEN?

Try this:

Go to Menu -> Settings -> Timer and set these:

Autooff: off

Sleep: 10mnts or anything else.

not sure if this is for alarm or for auto off for player. give it a try.

Metalspree said:

2) Why does the battery indicator show wrong info??.As of now the battery indicator blinks but i have been using it for 6 hrs :S

3) Is there any way to make gapless playback work??.Its very annoying when listening to radio shows:crazy:

1)MTP amd MSC mode

2)Upgrade the Firmware

3)Nope

4)Equalizer Settings and BBE+ restores clarity and definition, bringing a natural “live” presence to any audio source.

5)If you go into Settings\Timer\Sleep you can set sleep timer for up to 120 minutes.

Thanks for the reply folks :D

@dessibond the auto off feature was turned on :ashamed:.I have turned it off and it no longer shuts down.

i guess there might be a new firmware to support gapless playback...

i own a cowon s9 which has a new firmware and it supports gapless

abt equalizer setting head over to iaudiophile,der r some pretty gud EQ settings posted

wlcm.

one thing I learned after using D2 for almost 3/4th of a year is that the settings that others recommend never worked for my ears. I played a lot with the settings and after 2-3 weeks I found the correct settings for my ears. During the testing time, it used to sound worse than a 1k chinese player sometimes. :)

desiibond said:
wlcm.

one thing I learned after using D2 for almost 3/4th of a year is that the settings that others recommend never worked for my ears. I played a lot with the settings and after 2-3 weeks I found the correct settings for my ears. During the testing time, it used to sound worse than a 1k chinese player sometimes. :)

same with my case :bleh::bleh:
now it is :clap:

I am having tough time with settings.It sounds good though but then i wanna know how to use eq ,i just set it to roack and do some adjustments in the BBE+ and it sounds great.

@Polarviga can u please PM me or post the link of the EQ settings which are posted in the iaudiophile forums.I couldn find any :(

Back