Need Help on Courier from Bangalore

Hey Everybody,

Needed advice/help on courier matter. Last week, sold a mobile to another TE user, and now need to ship it to Meerut. Problem is not able to find any courier for cheap or willing to accept it. DTDC asked me to open my well packaged parcel and quoted my 600 rs and that too it would take 5 days to reach. Blue Dart refused flatly. Tried few more numbers which I found on justdial, most of guys refused it or quoted astronomical prices one guy even quoted 1k. Am I right in disclosing the right value of 7k for mobile to those guys, or should i just say its of lesser value or its not a mobile altogether.
Originally I'm from Mumbai, just came to Bangalore few months back, no idea, what other options I have here.

So, anybody form Bangalore, any idea where I can find a decent, cheap courier agency ready to ship this. Else I have to refund to the user :( with shipping this high.

^^ It will be minimum around Rs 550 or so in DTDC/GATI.....as you gotta pay insurance 2% @ 7k = 150 bucks + tax + surcharge which will come to 250 bucks. Also its not a very good idea to use anything other than TNT or Blue Dart for shipping mobile phones. I had burnt my hands once by shipping via DTDC even with insurance ! The total thing got lost and I got back only some 50% of the cost :mad::mad:

carelesswinds said:
Hey Everybody,

Needed advice/help on courier matter. Last week, sold a mobile to another TE user, and now need to ship it to Meerut. Problem is not able to find any courier for cheap or willing to accept it. DTDC asked me to open my well packaged parcel and quoted my 600 rs and that too it would take 5 days to reach. Blue Dart refused flatly. Tried few more numbers which I found on justdial, most of guys refused it or quoted astronomical prices one guy even quoted 1k. Am I right in disclosing the right value of 7k for mobile to those guys, or should i just say its of lesser value or its not a mobile altogether.
Originally I'm from Mumbai, just came to Bangalore few months back, no idea, what other options I have here.

So, anybody form Bangalore, any idea where I can find a decent, cheap courier agency ready to ship this. Else I have to refund to the user :( with shipping this high.

yes. Blue Dart won't courier Mobile Phones and any other courier service will not ship any non-document parcel without thoroughly checking it and the bill value will be based on value of product. you can put the price below 5k and do make sure that your shipment is insured (2% of product value).

Hello Guys,

Thanks for everyone's reply/suggestions and help on this. Found "Overnite Couriers", ready to ship for 331 Rs., will take 3 days. And buyer TE user utsav is ready to bear 100% shipping charges, so all settled happily :). Also, checked other options, found the following info.

Overnite - Ships anywhere

Aramex - Ready to ship but doesn't ship to small towns.

Gati - Doesn't accept mobiles

First Flight - Doesn't accept mobiles

TNT - Doesn't accept mobiles

i shipped a mobile phone without any insurance throught bluedart to Pune . i attached a bill and declared its value . afaik bluedart offers default insurance of some value

Back