[Need few info from XCD owners] LG Optimus One vs Dell XCD35 vs Samsung Galaxy Fit S

Hi,
My friend wants to buy a new mobile. Please help him get a good mobile.
I need a few info on Dell XCD 35.
Those who have bought the mobile DELL XCD35, please reply to the below questions.

1. Place of Purchase (City / Online store name):
2. Date of Purchase:
3. OS Version (out of box):
4. Available RAM (out of box):
5. GEN1/GEN2(Ask Mr. Pigfish):
6. AMOLED/LCD:
7. Current ROM:
8. How Fast is browser performance [pinch zoom, scroll etc]:
9. Battery Life (both during stock & custom):
10. Bugs (Both in stock & custom):
11. Out of the box Video File Format support (MKV | AVI (divx/xvid) | MP4):
12. Video Support in Custom ROM (MKV | AVI (divx/xvid) | MP4):

1. Q: Budget?
A: 8-10k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT/AMOLED

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Capacitive Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Better if its a 5MP camera with/without Flash. But can settle in with 3mp too.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: EDGE as of now. 3G definitely required.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Lots of phone calls (1.5-2 hrs), 2-3 hrs of FM Radio/MP3 Player, very few texts, 30-45 mins of browsing/market, 30-45 mins of playing with apps & fiddling with mobile

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: BATTERY LIFE for the above requirements should be atleast one day (20 hrs)

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Definitely Dell XCD35 if the menus, settings, app drawer, browser and other apps are snappier. Else LG Optimus One or or Samsung Galaxy Fit S. Wildfire S (not sure)

Re: [Need few info from XCD owners] LG Optimus One vs Dell XCD35 vs Samsung Galaxy Fi

First of all, forget the Galaxy Fit. I've seen it, held it, used it, it's YUCK.

LG O1 is the first decent droid and the cheapest too, but the XCD 35 beats it in some critical departments, including a very important DISPLAY dept.

And for your usage pattern, you'll easily get 1 day battery life out of your phone (keep 3G and WiFi switched off to dramatically improve battery life).

So, my say is: Dell XCD 35 @ 9.5k

Re: [Need few info from XCD owners] LG Optimus One vs Dell XCD35 vs Samsung Galaxy Fi

galaxy fit sucks, it's slow with a bad display. haven't seen O1 but xcd35 rocks for sure. from your post it seems that FM player is important

for you, so let me warn you that you can't listen to FM over speakers in xcd35(only though headsets).

@dantool - Though I haven't held any of these mobiles in hand, i've seen few videos on YT. The Fit looks much faster than O1 which is faster than XCD 35. I've shared those video links in the other thread. And personally i like sammy. used ace and sgs, and both are good devices.
@dell xcd35 - can you share any video link showing the xcd being faster in user interface and in browser? Even CM7 is ok.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

My post from other thread
@everybody - Samsung Fit S / L.G Optimus One / Dell XCD35 all have qualcomm MSM7227 chipset without any modification.
Screen Resolution of the above mobiles
Fit S - 320x240
Optimus 1 - 480x320
XCD 35 - 800x480

So, obviously the Fit S should be snappier than O1 which should be snappier than XCD 35. Wouldn't rendering so many pixels makes a difference in daily usage?

OP and others who are looking to buy mobile in this budget, check these videos out.
Edit: As you can see the below videos, NOT ONLY the menu, settings, app drawer are slower in dell xcd 35 compared to L.G Optimus One which is slower compared to Samsung Galaxy Fit S BUT ALSO the browser pinch zooming (especially the browser performance, even in scrolling) and other Application performances are slow - note: these can't be undone even after you change the launcher, or even custom ROMs (if saying otherwise, share the video link)
Snappier Samsung Galaxy Fit S
YouTube - ‪Samsung Galaxy Fit full review‬‏
Snappy Optimus One
YouTube - ‪LG Optimus T / Optimus One (T-Mobile) tour - part 1 of 2‬‏
YouTube - ‪LG Optimus T / Optimus One (T-Mobile) tour - part 2 of 2‬‏
Not so snappy Dell XCD 35
YouTube - ‪Dell XCD35 Android Smartphone Review‬‏ (Android 2.1)
YouTube - ‪review of cyanogenmod 7 for zte blade‬‏ (Cyanogenmod 7)

But as you can see from the above videos, DELL XCD 35 has a STUNNING display compared to the O1's good display compared to the Fit S's dull display.

Now it's upto the user to select the phone of his choice. Whether a device with GREAT display but sluggish performance (DELL XCD35)* or a GREAT performance with dull display (Fit S) or A BALANCED good display and good performance(O1).

BTW, even my friend is looking for a phone for 8-10k with requirements as 3g/5mp cam & little larger display. I've suggested him the following mobiles
6.6k - Spice mi 310(has LED flash),
9.5k - Fit S,
9k - O1,
9.5k XCD35,
12.6k - Wildfire S.

^^i have personally operated galaxy fit and xcd 35 and i can confidentally say that xcd is much better in terms of display. maybe

the video was made with a 216mb ram xcd, when i operated the 512 mb xcd , i didn't experience any lag.

i think the second video of zte blade is having 512mb ram
dantool said:
^^i have personally operated galaxy fit and xcd 35 and i can confidentally say that xcd is much better in terms of display. maybe

the video was made with a 216mb ram xcd, when i operated the 512 mb xcd , i didn't experience any lag.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

New Video:
YouTube - ‪Dell XCD 35 Review on NewsX_Tech And You‬‏

^^it's operating on eclair in which you can't move apps to sd card which leads to lag if you have too many applications installed. froyo is

snappier. and as i have told you i have operated both and galaxy fit sucks in comparison. if you still want to go with what those videos show

you then it's upto you. but if i were you i will keep the race between xcd35 and O1.

thanks for the information. I've ruled out FIT S (because of the poll and that NewsX Tech&You guy).

BTW, why the O1? If XCD35 has no lag, then definitely it's the best choice.

Among O1 and XCD35, which will be lag-free? And which has better camera?

dantool said:
^^it's operating on eclair in which you can't move apps to sd card which leads to lag if you have too many applications installed. froyo is

snappier. and as i have told you i have operated both and galaxy fit sucks in comparison. if you still want to go with what those videos show

you then it's upto you. but if i were you i will keep the race between xcd35 and O1.

Checked out the camera of ZTE Blade. It was awful.
What about Wildfire S? It has out of the box gingerbread. Snappy UI. Very easy and intuitive launcher. Gorilla Glass. 3.2" @ 320x480 with Qualcom msm7227 and Adreno 200. Decent 5MP camera with LED Flash. at the cost of 3000 INR extra. Have to ask my friend about this.

@compaddict - if you call camera in htc as shitty, what will you call the camera of dell xcd35?

the same, shitty. Don't think 5MP is better than 3.2MP just because of the higher number.

Have you seen X2's 5MP? It's another shit. And it's the same shit as the C5-03's 5MP. These new HIGH MP cams are being used everywhere, fooling commoners to believe it's a better cam.

agreed!!!! Please go for xcd35. the same reason. the camera is very much a hardware limitation. small tweaks are possible. but if you need lag free performance and a good cam, please increase your budget.

@compaddict - I'm not just saying by seeing the ccd sensor. I've compared with actual pictures for detailing and noise (not for any other criteria like color, contrast, exposure etc.,).
And I find the XCD35 as really shitty. Optimus one doing nearly equal to Wildfire S but loses in the lower resolution. I'm pretty sure, the Fit S has a great camera that beats wildfire s easily. But still it doesn't have a flash, a better resolution display, gorilla glass.
That's the reason I had pitched in Wildfire S in the race. I think the gorilla glass, out-of-box great UI, LED flash, slightly better camera are worth the extra 3k. But it's upto my friend to decide it.

Back