OC & Modding Need CPU Cooler advice for overclocking

Get a Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler. Its good enough and you really don't need a big Noctua. I have the same CPU, Asus P8Z68 v pro Gen 3 board, same ram and a GTX 680 installed in the same Cabinet as your's. I was fishing for a CPU cooler a while back as my idle CPU temperatures were 35c and under load it used to reach 75c. Under a prime stress test the temperatures used to reach 90 degrees under 10 minutes. In the beginning i was hell bent on getting a UD 14, thought a lot about chopping the vengence off (read tutorials about it) searched for alternatives though nothing seemed as good as ud14. Finally i brought a 212 evo from flipkart, installation was a bit tricky, and i also ended up installing it with the wrong allignment :lol: Realized its ulta after installing it and then i didn't want to take it off and go through the installation all over again so decide to test the setup. Idle temperatures are now 24 C, load temperatures while playing battlefield3 , max payne 3 and other games never ever cross 35C. And the tempratueres never crossed 50 C on prime 95 even after 45 minutes of stress testing. I couldn't be happier. Getting a d14 would have been like a complete over kill i feel.

Though these temperatures are under the default clock speed and without over clocking buti am sure i can easily over clock to 4.2 GHz and still keep everything stable and under acceptable temperatures. Didn't feel the need to do it yet. Cheers!

I am reviewing svg tech products as well.. i was hoping for a video review, also trying to find actual noise level review of svg products.. would have been useful.. my primary reason to not go for corsair H80 is its noise levels..

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Get a Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler. Its good enough and you really don't need a big Noctua. I have the same CPU, Asus P8Z68 v pro Gen 3 board, same ram and a GTX 680 installed in the same Cabinet as your's. I was fishing for a CPU cooler a while back as my idle CPU temperatures were 35c and under load it used to reach 75c. Under a prime stress test the temperatures used to reach 90 degrees under 10 minutes. In the beginning i was hell bent on getting a UD 14, thought a lot about chopping the vengence off (read tutorials about it) searched for alternatives though nothing seemed as good as ud14. Finally i brought a 212 evo from flipkart, installation was a bit tricky, and i also ended up installing it with the wrong allignment :lol: Realized its ulta after installing it and then i didn't want to take it off and go through the installation all over again so decide to test the setup. Idle temperatures are now 24 C, load temperatures while playing battlefield3 , max payne 3 and other games never ever cross 35C. And the tempratueres never crossed 50 C on prime 95 even after 45 minutes of stress testing. I couldn't be happier. Getting a d14 would have been like a complete over kill i feel.

Though these temperatures are under the default clock speed and without over clocking buti am sure i can easily over clock to 4.2 GHz and still keep everything stable and under acceptable temperatures. Didn't feel the need to do it yet. Cheers!

thanks.. i will review Hyper 212 EVO..

Back