Budget 21-30k Need an upgrade help for i5 2500k vs i5 3570k ?

1. Q: What is your budget?
A. 30k

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

A. AMD Phenom II x 2 550 B.E. sold for 5200 Rs.
Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H Rev 1.3 lying unused
500GB SATA HDD Seagate
6GB DDR3 1333Mhz Kingston (1x2gb, 1x4gb)
20 inch DELL IN2020M
LG DVD RW SATA
XTECH Cabinet & 500W PSU

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

A. LG DVD RW, 500GB HDD & 6GB RAM

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

A. CPU-i5 2500k or i5 3570k CAN SPEND MAX. 15K

MOBO-GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H (rev. 1.0)/ GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP (rev. 1.0)/ GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev. 1.0)/ GA-Z77MX-D3H (rev. 1.0)/ GA-Z77X-D3H (rev. 1.0). I CAN SPEND MAX. 11K ON MOBO

GFX-2GB 7850 OC GDDR5 not now but planning to buy this after 3 months

RAM-4GB DDR3 1600mhz suggest me good brand

CABINET-Cooler Master, NZXT or Corsair CAN SPEND 2.5k(it should be user freindly, provides nice cable management)

SMPS-Corsair gs600/gs500 CAN SPEND 4k

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

A. I will be adding a GFX card i.e.2gb 7850 as i have mentioned above & a 22 inch led monitor with 1920x1080 res.

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

A. CITY- MUMBAI
Can Also buy online or from TE dealer if the deal is worth buying it.

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

A. NO

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

A. Gaming, Browsing, Downloading, Watching HD Movies etc.

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

A. For MOBO Gigabyte is my 1st preference coz it gives many good features at a reasonable price

10.Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

A. DIRT 3, Battlefield 3, Crysis 2 all at 1920x1080 res

11.Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

A. 1920x1080

12.Q: Are you looking to overclock?

A. Ya may be in future if needed

13.Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

A. Windows 7 64 bit ULTIMATE

Mainly Need suggestion on buying i5 2500k or i5 3570k. 3570k has extra features like it supports pci gen 3, it has HD 4000 IGP, it supports 1600mhz RAM. I want to Know does these features makes that much difference that i should spend 3K more to buy 3570k instead of 2500k. I will not crossfire or SLI. PLZ REPLY I will be buying all these components in this month. Any Suggestion or any solution will be highly appreciated.

@aparnatichkule, this is what I recommend --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~14500/-
ASUS P8Z77M-PRO ~11500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1700/-
NZXT Gamma ~2700/- [the best cabinet you can get South of ~4500/-]
Corsair TX V2 650W ~5600/- [this SMPS is far better than the Corsair GS series SMPS]

There are a lot of advantages of purchasing the Intel Ivy-Bridge processor, notably --
  • native support for USB 3.0 and PCIe 3.0;
  • lower TDP, so more efficient performer;
  • although it does not over-clock to the same level as the Sandy-Bridge processors, the Ivy-Bridge piece thanks to improvements in its architecture can hold its own;
  • a slightly better IGP in the form of the HD 4000.

Good you are waiting for some time to purchase a graphics card, the GTX 660Ti will release and can start a good old price revision [and who would not mind this in such tight times].

Hope this helps and happy gaming, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx for ur suggestion but i cant spend more than 4k on smps if i go for 3570k plz suggest me best option under 4k. And plz tell howz cooler master elite 311 plus.

thanx for ur suggestion but i cant spend more than 4k on smps if i go for 3570k plz suggest me best option under 4k. And plz tell howz cooler master elite 311 plus.

No compromise on PSU it is the most important component of the rig you have to get the Corsair TX 650 V2 - 5600
NZXT gamma is far better in terms of cooling & cable management when compared with CM elite 311

Cheers

howz cooler master elite 430 black in terms of cooling & cable mngmt

I still suggest the NZXT Gamma, the CPUarea cable-routing of Cooler Master eLite cabinets is poor, this is something my Cooler Master STORM Scout shares in common with these cabinets.

ohk i will go for nzxt gamma as u hv suggested
You have choosen the best cabinet for your PC. Because I'm also using NZXT Gamma cabinet for the past 3 years and it make my gaming rig cool and the wire setting is so easily fit in this cabinet and you can fill any GPU in it for your gaming purpose.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

i usually buy computer components from lamington in mumbai where there r almost 50 retailers. Can u recommend me some good shops there, where i could get genuine products at right price. Or else are there any better dealers other than lamington in mumbai, Thane or Vashi

You can get the components from http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=121&Itemid=53 OR TheITwares Ecommerce,Computer Gallery is another shop which is reliable.
i usually buy computer components from lamington in mumbai where there r almost 50 retailers. Can u recommend me some good shops there, where i could get genuine products at right price. Or else are there any better dealers other than lamington in mumbai, Thane or Vashi

I lived in thane. but I never intend to buy a product from here. I will recommend you few good shops in lamington road.
1. primeabgb :- http://www.primeabgb.com/
2. dynamic computers
3. maccan infosys
4. it hub
These are the few best shop in lamington road. but primeabgb have the best Rma for any product to replace it.
You can see the product from primeabgb site mention above.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

Don't get anything from mahavir or dynamic computers cause they'll try give you something else than what you require,so go for prime or itwares.
I lived in thane. but I never intend to buy a product from here. I will recommend you few good shops in lamington road.
1. primeabgb
2. dynamic computers
3. maccan infosys
4. it hub
These are the few best shop in lamington road. but primeabgb have the best Rma for any product to replace it.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

If you want to buy in thane, then their is few shop I search it for you. But they are little costier then lamington road.
1. More shop near thane west railway station.
2. galaxy computer near manpada road.

Hope this help.

Cheers.

hey guyz, few days back i went to lamington but i could not get i5 3570k in any shop but i found this processor online on HOME | GolchhaIT.com for 14500/- so i want to ask if this is safe. I know that golchha computers is well known shop in bangalore at s.p. road. plz reply how to order this processor from this site

hey guyz, few days back i went to lamington but i could not get i5 3570k in any shop but i found this processor online on HOME | GolchhaIT.com for 14500/- so i want to ask if this is safe. I know that golchha computers is well known shop in bangalore at s.p. road. plz reply how to order this processor from this site

I have dealt with Mr. Rajesh in person several times and I can tell you surely that he is very temperamental, best is that you contact him and find out the latest price of the processor and if he is willing to ship it to Bombay. If the site has the product listed they must have got some limited stock(s) of the processor on tap and might be willing to bring it on pre-order basis [but that is with advance down-payment].

He is not into online marketing so he might refuse so just keep that in mind.

Yes the Z77 chipset does support Lucid Virtu technology just that its first iteration was mostly gimmick and not an actual force multiplier. The Z77 chipset support the next generation of Luciid Virtual GPU technology, detailed in this article --> http://www.anandtech.com/show/5728/intel-z77-panther-point-chipset-and-motherboard-preview-asrock-asus-gigabyte-msi-ecs-and-biostar/2.

The GIGABYTE motherboard is something I will whole-heartedly not recommend thanks to its very sparse heatsinks and bare-bones appearance.

Hope this helped, Cheerio!!

Back