Need an android between 10-15k

abhishek2600

≡ Green World ≡
Disciple
Looking for a phone for cousin having following requirement :

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 13k(15k max)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A:

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Samsung preferred but open to others too..

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Any Decent with HD shooting capability

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android preferred

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet, multimedia, calling, texting

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: should have decent battery life, im open to both single and dual sim options

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: S Duos, Ace Duos, S Advance(if comes in budget)

Other Info...
: Earlier i was considering Ace and S Duos but soon after seeing S Advance for 15,500 at flipkart changed my mind again....
But i've read somewhere thr is some network problem & other issues in S Advance... if any of the fellow member using GSA pls shed some light on tht..
Thanx...

@ DarkAngel

thanks, but since S Advance has more RAM, more internal memory, bigger display & larger battery as well than Xperia P and using ebay coupon i can get it for <15k..........so i'm much inclined toward S Advance

i'm just trying to make sure thr isn't any serious issue which may ruin his experience.... so looking for some users input who has any kinda information on that....

I had bought the Galaxy S Advance a couple of days ago for my wife. Have upgraded to OS to JB, and been using it since then. It is a very short time frame for me to comment, but so far I have not faced any issue with regard to network (2G), and call reception. Haven't tried mobile data though (and don't plan to do so).
What are the other issues that you are talking about? Let me know so I can check them.

@ logistopath, vinay91

thanx guys for your input...

i saw in gsmarena user review's page of SGSA people talking about network dropping & internet connectivity issues so wanted to knew more about that...
and guys any idea for the JB update... till when it'll be released for india ??

- - - Updated - - -

my cousin called me & told me to get it as earlier as possible.. so i finally ordered a Galaxy S Advance I9070 from eBay....... it took me 14790/- after applying an 7.5% coupon.... i hope now the seller ship it quickly...

thanx all of you guys for your replies...

^^ I find nothing wrong with the Russian JB. Works well as it should. Just don't forget to do a factory reset after the upgrade is done. Missing that minor step seems to be the reason for the lag that a few people are complaining about.

wow, at that price, its a steal, i bought mine for 20k 7 months back ! :/

yeah... although it was selling for 12995/- on HS18 superdeal but my area was not covered by them... so i chose ebay... still its a very good deal

and seriously there is NO better alternative at this price point....

Back