Need advice for 5.1 home theatre system

Hi @GeekHead83

Could you post your Owners Review of LG HT 856 in this forum so that it could help many ppl like me who are interested in this piece.

Thanks in advance

Sagar

@ sagar_fx

the lg & Philips models you are looking have considerable price difference. Your room size is also medium. I would suggest to consider Philips model. It will save your money & you will not need to upgrade it in nearby future. Just go to nearby showroom and have a demo of both and then decide.

Just wanted to update that I can now hear the speech voices in movies by changing hts settings. I mentioned earlier that speech voices are too low in this hts. There is a setting by which you can adjust volume output of each speaker. I increased center speaker vol to full, reduced output of front L& R, Increased vol of rear surround speakers. After doing this I got satisfactory performance in movies. I no longer need to turn on tv sound for most of the movies. I knew this option earlier but did not changed each speaker output and only increased center output. But front L & R volume was so loud that it used to suppress others. So now I experienced what 5.1 sounds like & its really impressive :) Like wind cutting noise by bullets, crowd speech in background, explosions etc.
there are still some movies whose speech voice is too low for proper hearing like ninja assassins. Other than this, everything is ok now.

Hello saurabh,
Hope you would be having a great experience with your philips HTS3541/51.
I'm planning to buy a 5.1 HTS for my samsung 26 inch LCD tv which i purchased in december 2011 mainly because the audio of the tv is not that good when playing movies through USB.
I'm also thinking on buying HTS3541/51 as it has a blu-ray player at such a low price. But i'm a complete noob regarding HTS and its working and installation. so i cannot install it myself as i do not have any knowledge of how to do the installation and the placing of the speakers. If i call the electrician, will he be able to do the installation or not? and also is it necessary to wall mount the speakers or u can also keep them on say a cupboard without mounting them ?
also i have shortlisted few more HTS. what do u feel about them?
LG HT604 Home Theater System

LG HT302SD Home Theater System

sony DAV-TZ215

sony BDV-E290 ( basic blu-ray player)

Philips HTS3560 ( basic blu-ray player)

panasonic SC-BTT270 ( basic 3d blu-ray player)

Back