Need advice about buying new some new PC components

speedy

Disciple
Hello Everyone. I am new here and posting for the first time on techenclave

I am buying a new PC. The configuration I am thinking of is below. I went to CTC Hyderabad and got estimations . Which I feel are a bit higher than what they should be.

Intel Core i5 2400- Rs.9040

ASUS P8H67-M- Rs.7000
( This one was available at deltapage.com for Rs.6750, which is TN price which is consistently higher due to higher VAT there ). And I am open to suggestions here. I want a H67 chipset based mobo with 4 RAM slots and ATi crossfire support, preferably MSi,Gigabyte or ASUS. ASUS was the only one whose price I could find out so I settled for it. Further the price difference seemed to be less when I compared it with Intel mobo with similar features which does not have all solid capacitor design or crossfire support.

Corsair XMS3 4GB Ram
The quoted price is 2300. This is too high. I have seen that its price hovers around Rs.1500 by going through various sites.

NZXT Gamma Rs.2250
I saw that its price is 2050 on theitdepot.com which is again a TN site and also the prices in that site are generally higher compared even to other online store. The price sales person first quoted was Rs.2600, when I told him that I can get it from theitdepot.com for Rs.2050+250 shipping then he reduced the price.

Corsair GS 600 600 Watt PSU Rs.4000
I went to the dealer to find out the price of this item. He quoted this price when I asked for the PSU alone. This is the price on most of the online stores. I feel that this is a little bit high as it was same for a very long time. I am going for this PSU as I might go for crossfire later.

Monitor
This is something that I am confused about. I wanted to buy a 23-24 inch LED monitor and narrowed on Samsung PX2370, after reading pretty good reviews about it ,which seems to be an EOL(End Of Life) product and I couldn't find it anywhere. But I am still trying and the sales person says that he might get me the monitor but is not giving a price. The other monitors that I short listed are
LG E2360V
(Really sleek and looks great, but the reviews are very much varied. Some say the it is a good cheap alternative to PX2370, while others say the the colors are a bit washed out. But at the same time the ones giving it credit say that fiddling with the settings yielded them pretty good results. I liked this monitor a lot almost decided to buy it but second thoughts jumped in the moment I read about the 'colors being bland' on CNET, where they reviewed E2260, can a different panel be used on different sized monitor? meaning that a better panel is used in E2360? I even read 'a few', really few bad reviews on newegg.com about this monitor.
This monitor was readily available for Rs.9550 in almost all shops.And Ithink it can be brought down to Rs.9000)

DELL U2311
(But this is costly as I have an upper limit of 40-41K)

DELL ST2320,ST2420
(They seem to be costly for the performance which is similar to LG E2360V)

HP2311
(this monitor was also quoted for Rs.13000 a bit high of my budget)

Samsung A300 series are available. But are about Rs.1000 higher than LG monitors. Their performance I don't think is comparable to PX2370.

Samsung PS2370 LCD monitor TV. Though this would be my last choice.

I don't have any prejudice against LCD's but ...I fell that the LED monitors ones are more refined compared to LCD as the LED ones are more recently released. Though this might not be the true in all the cases.

MSI ATi Radeon HD 6850 OC 1GB Rs.9350
This price was quoted by a different vendor. The sales person who gave the quotation for the whole system gave a price of Rs.11000 for this card. But he said that the price would be reduced before sealing the deal.I found out the prices from Tirupathi Enterprises who quoted the prices as MSI6790 2GB-Rs8000+taxes,MSI 6850 1GB Rs.9000+taxes. So I think I should be getting the card for Rs.9000 including taxes. Even Sapphire card is fine with me. But this MSi card is factory OC.

Now I want to know whether the prices quoted are good or if not what are the prices that I should buy the components for. I also need suggestions about to proceed(bargain) further with these people. Even though most of them are pretty ignorant of what they sell the are very shrewd when it comes prices. I am not that good at bargaining. And also whenever I quote an online store like theitdepot,primeabgb,smcinternational etc they say that they are all fake sites and that the products they sell might be damaged pieces etc etc never ending list of excuses, and berating them severely to prove their point(To what extent these people can go to push their deal:(). A person a little bit ignorant can be easily taken for a ride by these people.
How should I bargain and proceed with this buy?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

double posting I accidentally posted the thread twice not knowing that it was posted as it gave me an error the first time

Mods can you please remove it

Back