Need a wifi router or adsl modem + router

Wraith

Skilled
I have BSNL broadband connection with which i am using the UT300R2U modem and a Dlink Wifi router DI 524 I think. I am looking to replace my current modem + router preferably with a single device.

I dont have any problems with my current setup but i am keen on getting a single device (adsl modem + wifi router) which has a good range but i am better off using a discrete modem and wifi router?

One more important requirement is that router should be able to handle torrents without any problems....

Please suggest some devices and potential shops on Lamington road which might have them...

TIA :)

Most people seem to have problems with an integrated device , u would be better of with a discrete setup , and if its working fine , why change it ?

Well for starters, the modem and router are 2 yrs old and also i am moving into a bigger place so thought of buying something newer...

Even if you are buying a new one , get separate ones , Buffalo G125 is a nice router and also allows you to install open source tomato firmware

i am using Linksys WAG200G which is an ADSL Modem plus Wireless router in one unit.

Its pretty stable and rock solid.

I have not tinkered with its default firmware and i have peace of mind.

I have G + 2 floor house where i can get signal in every corner of my house.

You will not feel bad about it thats for sure. My vote goes for this combination of 2 devices in to 1.

i agree with medpal... the linksys WAG200G is very good... i get speed like 205kbps dl on the uTorrent using a MTNL connection... if u have a big place or somethin u can go for the N-band router... they have a better range...

I've got a WAG200G running rock-solid too. No problems at all. Also got a WAG160N that's running fine too, although it does tend to get a bit hot at times.

Just bought the WAG160N , super sweet looking and works great too. You can get options in DLINK and Netgear too. For pricing ideas you can check ebay .

cheers.

Let me also jump on the one-device bandwagon :)

I have a Linksys WAG354G and it's been working sweetly for the past 2+ years. It always runs hot, but that doesn't seem to bother it as much as it does me!

Back