Budget 41-50k Need A New PC config to Watch HD Movies on 46inch TV

1. What is your budget?
o 45K

1. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model) None
  2. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor – Full HD TV 46 inch

Speakers

1. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
o CPU – Intel i5

o Motherboard - any compatible motherboard

o GPU – Please suggest

o PSU – Please suggest

o RAM- 2x4 GB Please suggest

o HDD—1 TB Please suggest

o DVD Writer

o Wireless KB & MOUSE

o No UPS No Monitor)

HAVE TO BUY NEXT WEEK

1. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
o No upgrades

1. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

o Open to online purchase Flipkart/any other suggestion

1. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
o No

1. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Browsing

o

o Download rig, 24x7 operation

o Watching1080 P movies on 46inch TV

1. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

1. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

1. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
  1. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  1. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 / 8 64 bit

Hi Vijayshimla,

I would like to add a word to help in build of PC. Here are some options for you.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor.
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard.
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory.
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State drive.
Secondary: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive.
GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card.
PSU:Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply.

I believe these components are best for video based on your budget. In build, MOBO is the support of CrossFire technology that means in the future you can add-on a second GPU card for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO or replacing a totally new GPU. The MSI R9 270 is better in terms of performance, mostly used for gaming and stability in graphics and with that you can enjoy better graphics.

Hope it helps.

You mean only HD movies 1080P right? Even a low end PC can do that . 45k is too much ...Tell me what else u wanna do with PC may be i can suggest you better config.

You mean only HD movies 1080P right? Even a low end PC can do that . 45k is too much ...Tell me what else u wanna do with PC may be i can suggest you better config.
1080p on a 46inch TV sir, i presume will require a good config.....also HDMI out. some occasional gaming, not highest end, and browsing.[DOUBLEPOST=1416486753][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had a similar requirement as yours and today i got this
Intel i5 4690 : 14190rs
Gigabyte B85M-D3H : 5142rs
2TB HDD WD Green x2 : 9904rs
Ram 8GB DD3 Kingstone Hyper X : 4761rs
Vat 5% so total was around 36700rs.

Here is the Link to the thread : https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/pc-for-30k-suggestions.170353/
Graphic card ???? is it required or the config allows you to watch movies 1080p on your TV ??
Asap please, have to buy by week end.... Also which Cabinet..?

Last edited:
  1. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation ( I rarely off my machine once in a month, its always on and on downloading most of the times
    • Watching HD movies on my 46 in Full HD TV, which is my monitor.
    • REQUIRE IMMEDIATE HELP.....

1080p on a 46inch TV sir, i presume will require a good config.....also HDMI out. some occasional gaming, not highest end, and browsing.[DOUBLEPOST=1416486753][/DOUBLEPOST]
Graphic card ???? is it required or the config allows you to watch movies 1080p on your TV ??
Asap please, have to buy by week end.... Also which Cabinet..?

Playing HD content on 46inch TV doesnt need any more power than playing the same content on a smaller screen. I mean the screen size is not a matter of concern but the content you are playing is. I dont think you need to spend this much just for HD playback, 24x7 downloading and occasional gaming. Suggest you to get any decent haswell and use the onboard GPU. I have played quite a few games on my recently built i5 4440 + Kingston HyperX 8 GB DDR3 + Gigabyte B85 board using the onboard HD 4600 before I got a Sapphire 280x. You'd be surprise how well it fares for a onboard GPU. And yes it supports HD playback flawlessly (just make sure to pick a motherboard with HDMI out).

Recommendation
CPU : Intel Core i5 4440
RAM : Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

These 4 will give you excellent media playback and decent (casual) gaming and would set you back around 25000

Back