Need a Modem+Router for Airtel Broadband

Sourav

Adept
Howdy folks!:)

Any suggestions for a Modem+Router combo that can be used with Airtel broadband?

The modem provided by Airtel (Beetel 110TC1 ADSL2+) has crapped out and keeps switching off every now and then. The tech support guy from Airtel checked it out and concluded that the power switch is faulty. As of now, the modem runs by keeping the power button at the back firmly depressed using an elastic band.

Nevertheless, the WiFi router I have is an ancient Linksys WRT120N. It runs only 802.11g and does not have a particularly good range. So wanted to replace the modem & router with a decent combo that provides minimum 802.11n on the 5Ghz spectrum.

Any recommendations? Budget is not much of an issue. Anything within 5k would be great though.
Let me know if you need any other data for making a suggestion. To answer some questions that you might have, here are the responses:

1. Will be used primarily for home networking.
  2. 2 Laptops, 2 mobile phones, 2 tablets & 1 desktop will be connecting over the network.
  3. Will not be used for any kind of streaming activity to a TV/media device.
  4. If possible, the modem+router combo will be configured as a stand alone download rig.
  5. I copy plenty of data between laptops & desktops. So the device should provide good & stable speeds for wireless transfer.

Thanks in advance, fellas. Cheers!:woot:

Back