Graphic Cards Need a graphics card under 8k

I had HD 4850 for a while which I sold.

Now I need a new one.

My configuration is mentioned in the signature.

Thank you.

I think you should increase your budget and go for any of the following models --
  1. AMD HD 6850 ~8500/-
  2. nVidia GTX 560[non-Ti] ~10500/-
  3. AMD HD 7770 GHz Edition ~8000/-

Please note, out of the above mentioned cards, only the nVidia GTX 560 has any muscle to continue HD-gaming with moderate eye-candy. Both the AMD cards cannot hold a candle to the formers performance although the HD 6850 is the best compromise I feel in your case.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Smc hasn't listed Msi Cyclone HD6850 they've listed Sapphire HD6850-10.3k and @primeabgb it's for 9.9k so please share the links of the products.
Increase your budget a bit and get a msi 6850 cyclone edition for Rs.8.7k in smc..

Guys seriously out Of budget...cannot spend more than 8k...

Also consider that I am running an old setup...

I need a card for just 1 or 1 and a half year...

take HD 7770..its future proof

I want to know the cost for AMD HD 7770 in prime abgb...

Any idea with that?

Guys seriously out Of budget...cannot spend more than 8k...

Also consider that I am running an old setup...

I need a card for just 1 or 1 and a half year...

I want to know the cost for 7770 in prime abgb...

Any idea with that?

Then go for the Sapphire HD 6850 ~8500/- OR Gigabyte HD 7770 GHz Edition ~8500/-.

The HD 6850 outperforms the HD 7770 GHz edition by quite a margin --> http://www.tomshardw...rk,3135-16.html.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]In absolute terms, AMD’s new Radeon HD 7770 matches or is just a little bit slower than the 256-bit [background=transparent]GeForce GTX 460[/background] 1 GB. AMD should probably just be happy that card is quickly disappearing. A 19 month-old product that gives a brand new value-oriented board a run for its money is a little awkward, after all.

The more painful comparison is to AMD’s own Radeon HD 6850. Generally faster, much less expensive, and still very prolific in the channel, there’s just no contest between the 16 month-old Barts-based board and Radeon HD 7770.
[/font]

Here is a head-to-head in between the two cards -- http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/536?vs=539.

Thanks for the info...

Also needed to know suggestions for

a)HD 5770

b)GTS 450

As they r mentioned in the graphics cards advice thread...

Thanks for the info...

Also needed to know suggestions for

a)HD 5770

b)GTS 450

Both the cards are ~2 years old, the HD 5770 is a better card. But the HD 7770 GHz edition is out to oust this card and performs ~10% -->20% better than these cards.

The HD 6850 is a generation old but ultimately crushes all these cards by a wide margin and is pretty frugal power eater too.

Both the cards are ~2 years old, the HD 5770 is a better card. But the HD 7770 GHz edition is out to oust this card and performs ~10% -->20% better than these cards.

The HD 6850 is a generation old but ultimately crushes all these cards by a wide margin and is pretty frugal power eater too.

I am restricted to a budget of 8k...

How do you compare gigabyte HD 7770 and AMD HD 7770?

How do you compare gigabyte HD 7770 and AMD HD 7770?

What do you mean they are essentially the same card, apart from that at the maximum the Gigabyte graphics card can have a different --
  • cooler design / shroud. A different layout of the fan et al.
  • different core clocks and RAM clocks, higher core clocks at default means that the card is 'factory over-clocked' now this may increase the performance ~5% in the most optimistic scenarios.
  • lower OR higher power draw.

At the heart of things both the AMD and Gigabyte cards are the same, but the AMD is called a stock design whilst cards from other companies like MSi, Gigabyte, ASUS are third part designs.

Companies like HIS, Sapphire are board members for AMD Graphics division and hence provide both the stock version as well as their own designed cards.

Hope this answers your question effectively, Cheers!!

A current generation card is usually always better as it consumes lesser power that the older gen cards. Keep this thought in your mind always before buying, as the power consumed might pay for itself over the weeks, months and even eyars.

What do you mean they are essentially the same card, apart from that at the maximum the Gigabyte graphics card can have a different --
  • cooler design / shroud. A different layout of the fan et al.
  • different core clocks and RAM clocks, higher core clocks at default means that the card is 'factory over-clocked' now this may increase the performance ~5% in the most optimistic scenarios.
  • lower OR higher power draw.

At the heart of things both the AMD and Gigabyte cards are the same, but the AMD is called a stock design whilst cards from other companies like MSi, Gigabyte, ASUS are third part designs.

Companies like HIS, Sapphire are board members for AMD Graphics division and hence provide both the stock version as well as their own designed cards.

Hope this answers your question effectively, Cheers!!

Then why does AMD cost less than gigabyte?

Just for overclocking?

8k budget cannot be raised...tried doing that...

Then why does AMD cost less than gigabyte?

Sire, both the cards are the same, just that AMD does not manufacture its own graphics card it is third party companies like Gigabyte, MSi and ASUS that retail AMD's graphics cards. They buy the PCB and chip from AMD, license it then mass produce it with a custom design cooler / cooler + shroud.

In all this AMD has some board partners, guys who have a certain stake in AMD and vice-versa basically these guys will release AMD cards earliest, their sources are direct so you will find these companies products slightly cheaper OR the base price for a certain card type. E.g. for AMD's board partners -- Sapphire, Powercolor and HIS.

Hope this answers your query, Cheers!!

Nvidia GTX 550Ti is listed for 7.6k on many websites.OP should go for Gigabyte HD7770-8.5k which performs better.

Are you guys sure gigabyte wil work on my machine?

Definitely Yash, no need to worry. Your RIG has a PCIe x16 slot, that is sufficient to power the AMD HD 7770, apart from a PCIe 6-pin power connector from your VX 450W SMPS.

If you are so tense take your system with you to the shop, wherever you will purchase the graphics card, make them install the card in your system and power up to see if it runs.

Back