Budget 0-20k Need a 24 hour download rig(Just for Downloads)

I have done a same solution for my needs.

I am using an Intel NUC placed inside my system cabinet which saves me the desk real estate. I had bought it with 4 GB RAM from corsair and 1 TB HDD.
I also use an IR remote with it.
It is also connected to my NAS which takes backup of all my downloads from the NUC drive and then throws them off to my main gaming rig.

The NUC is 24x7 up and doesn't even feel.
It is either downloading games from steam/origin/uplay or torrents.
I have a monitor which sports a dual hdmi display and I have it connected with both my nuc and rig.

I am also using the NUC as an HTPC. I use my cat6 home network to carry HDMI signal over the LAN cables connected to my TV.

The best part of all this is very low power consumption of about 15 watts and also very low carbon emissions. Eco friendly!

Also I got it done within 11.5 K!

Last edited:
Just came to say that I would also go for an Intel NUC. Fits all your requirements. But if you are worried about the possibility of any heating (casing) issue later then you can also look at the Kabini processors line-up from AMD. They are meant for basic usage and low-power consumption.

Just came to say that I would also go for an Intel NUC. Fits all your requirements. But if you are worried about the possibility of any heating (casing) issue later then you can also look at the Kabini processors line-up from AMD. They are meant for basic usage and low-power consumption.
any mini pc based on this or I have built my own rig

Sorry for OT - @hotshot05 iBall 701 from FK - 3K.[DOUBLEPOST=1450718869][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thats pretty outdated. And so is the ION. The N3000 (NUC) has quicksync support as well, which is pretty useful.
OT: i701 is pretty bad. Thinking about getting this from AliExpress.
Chuwi Hi8 - www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01689SS4Q/ref=s9_simh_bw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-8&pf_rd_r=0AKHN9VGMDRBKGGBPM5C&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1869769462&pf_rd_i=1232597011

Personally I wouldn't get anything iBall. Seriously doubt their reliability. :X[DOUBLEPOST=1450720610][/DOUBLEPOST]
any mini pc based on this or I have built my own rig
No clue about factory-prebuilt systems. Most likely you have to build it on your own. That's not difficult though.

Yeah, I agree. But ordered one.

Personally I wouldn't get anything iBall. Seriously doubt their reliability. :X[DOUBLEPOST=1450720610][/DOUBLEPOST]
No clue about factory-prebuilt systems. Most likely you have to build it on your own. That's not difficult though.

Agree with the reliability.

Coming to factory prebuilt - would be expensive.

Great. Will be looking to buy this later.

Just got the 701i and first impressions are poor - but good for the price. Add in a 1 year Office 365 subscription and its pretty good as well. Plus the paytm offer makes it break even.

Back