Need a 2.1 or 5.1 speaker system to use with TV / music

kvn95ss

Adept
A friend of mine needs a speaker system. He's upgrading to a Sony TV (IDK the exact model, but his wife is spending around 2L(!) so my guess is it's an OLED or something)

For audio they have budget of 10k upto 15k (Guess they just splurged on the TV lol). It will be used with the TV and for listening to music for his son's dance practice, so an aux cable or BT would be convenient.

Ask them to get this. Although if they have spent close to 2L on the TV then they should have allocated a little more to the sound department.

Sony HT-S20R Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar for TV with subwoofer and Compact Rear Speakers, 5.1ch Home Theatre System (400W,Bluetooth & USB Connectivity, HDMI & Optical connectivity) https://amzn.eu/d/0AtUwsD

Before they visited our home, they didn't have ANY budget for audio lol. They were going to make do with the TV speaker.

They listened to my Sony SRS D5 (Admittedly not their best in the lineup, but I managed to snag them for 800 bucks) and were blown away by the bass.

The Model you suggested doesn't have any 3.5mm input, I'm afraid they wouldn't be familiar with optical and they don't have analogue system.

The model that i suggested is one of the best within 20k. They can connect to the TV using HDMI ARC and for connecting to the phone / tab they can use Bluetooth. In fact I wanted to get that set for my own home but unfortunately my TV is too old and does not have HDMI ARC.

I will still suggest to give those set of speakers a test. It's available at most outlets like Reliance digital / Croma. I am sure they will love the sound signature of those speakers set.

HDMI ARC is the best option for connecting TV's to external speakers. Else optical output if the external speakers has a dedicated chip for dolby, etc. and if they aren't aware, please teach them.

Last edited:
I have heard good things about this atmos setup, pretty within budget and ample bass with 450w

Zebronics ZEB-JUKE BAR 9700 PRO DOLBY ATMOS Bluetooth Home Theater Soundbar With Subwoofer Supporting 4K HDR, Wall Mount, USB, AUX, Optical IN, 3xHDMI & Remote Control. (450 Watt, 2.1.2 Channel) https://amzn.eu/d/hJMPKeP

Back