Car & Bike Navigation dilemma dedicated smartphone or gps device ?

S5 was a flagship. Should not compare with mid-range (or, budget) offerings like MotoG. S5 performance would be as good as it gets for the money.

Honestly, for gps purposes, even xiaomi works. GPS should work the same, whether its US or India.

But don't ever never buy mediatek phones for GPS. Their phones still have problems connecting to gps reliably

Honestly, for gps purposes, even xiaomi works. GPS should work the same, whether its US or India.

But don't ever never buy mediatek phones for GPS. Their phones still have problems connecting to gps reliably

Vaguely remember reading about it somewhere on google...the S5 indian version is Mediatek so i dont want to shell out 17-18K and find out the gps is not performing well...on uber drivers forum people are only suggesting snapdragon +minimum 2GB ram...very popular phones preferred by uber drivers abroad are Iphone , S6,Nexus 5 and above,motorola (the moto X play doesnt have a gyro sensor even at 17K :() ...the next moto range is out of my budget as is most of these phones....so if redmi locks on GPS fast and doesnt let go then it would be awesome.

considered oneplus one? or oneplus X?

I consider the price as investment in this case so i dont have any aversion to any brand...just need the phone to perform reliably in the navigation department....just a short google search lead me to this link about oneplus one :

techdissected.com/editorials-and-discussions/the-perfect-phone-to-use-while-driving-for-uber/

another question is 2G enough for navigation or should i get 3G ? thanks.

Back