NAT Type Failed on GTA V (Jio Fiber)

lilmessi

Recruit
I have tried to enable UPnP and port forwarding on my JIO Fiber LAN connection to play GTA V on pc but keep on disconnecting from public lobbies. I recently read that these dont work because JIO uses CGNAT. Is that correct? If yes, what are the alternate solutions? Can I buy a static IP for home? If not, what are the alternate solutions I can go for, plz suggest

If your ISP is using CGNAT then only getting a static public IP will help unless you are willing to spend a lot of time & effort learning & setting up reverse proxies/tail-scale type network etc. Airtel does sell static public IP for home connection but jio doesn't seem to sell these for home connection, only enterprise/leased line.

If your ISP is using CGNAT then only getting a static public IP will help unless you are willing to spend a lot of time & effort learning & setting up reverse proxies/tail-scale type network etc. Airtel does sell static public IP for home connection but jio doesn't seem to sell these for home connection, only enterprise/leased line.
Thanks for your response, might switch to Airtel.

@enthusiast29 Thanks, is having a static IP with Airtel fiber enough for port forwarding? Or are there any more nuances associated with it?
I have Airtel fiber with static IP, The router they provided me does have options for upnp and port forwarding but they don't work obviously. However I was successfully able to setup Airtel router in bridge mode to my TP link router using which I was able to enable upnp and forward ports easily.

IDK why these ISPs want so much control now. Router lock downs, no DNS changes (in some cases), TR-069 remote management etc...
I think the day is not far when internet censorship will go to the levels of "everything would be on intranet" like North Korea.

Because unfortunately the majority of ppl especially the young gen knows only how to browse social media & play pubg on mobile. People who can even install windows on pc are now a lesser percentage of total online users than 10-15 years ago.
people are becoming dumb day by day.

I have Airtel fiber with static IP, The router they provided me does have options for upnp and port forwarding but they don't work obviously. However I was successfully able to setup Airtel router in bridge mode to my TP link router using which I was able to enable upnp and forward ports easily.
@dash2009 Thanks, just out of curiousity is using another router with bridge mode to enable UPnP possible with Jio Fiber as well? Would save me the hassle of switching ISP if it was.

Using a VPN connected to Indian or other IP helps, it may lag a little.
@rockstah I have tried using NordVpn but even that does not have port forwarding, will getting a VPN with port forwarding solve this issue as well? Also, which VPN would you recommend?

just out of curiousity is using another router with bridge mode to enable UPnP possible with Jio Fiber as well?
To use port forwarding the primary condition is ISP giving public IP & not CGNAT/pvt IP & all major ISPs are shifting to CGNAT incl jio & airtel but at least airtel give the option of getting public ip by paying money while jio doesn't even offer that for home connections. BSNL is the only major ISP now to give public ip by default on its fiber connection.

will getting a VPN with port forwarding solve this issue as well?
No decent/good vpn now have physical servers in India because of the new govt rules that makes it mandatory for any vpn provider to keep logs for its servers located in India. If any vpn still has servers in India then that means either they are using virtual location feature (basically spoofing Indian ip location on servers not physically located within India) or they are complying with new Indian govt rules & keeping logs of everything related to their users.

Back