Storage Solutions NAS options Unraid vs WD MyCloud vs Synology

Qubit

Recruit
Please suggest good NAS for home , I have few pcie 4 ssds lying around and I am looking to Build a NAS with tiny pc.

How is the performance compared to ready solutions like WD mycloud and synology ? Any Disadvantages of ssd NAS?

I see in forum tiny pc under budget are supporting PCIE gen 3. Are there any cheap solutions to use gen4 ssds as NAS drive?

Can you access/sync unraid files over cloud ?

Last edited:
Please suggest good NAS for home , I have few pcie 4 ssds lying around and I am looking to Build a NAS with tiny pc.

How is the performance compared to ready solutions like WD mycloud and synology ? Any Disadvantages of ssd NAS?

I see in forum tiny pc under budget are supporting PCIE gen 3. Are there any cheap solutions to use gen4 ssds as NAS drive?

Can you access/sync unraid files over cloud ?
Performance compared to WD mycloud and synology: way better if you put better CPUs! Plus you aren't locked into an ecosystem.

Disadvantages of using SSD: if you don't have 10G, essentially storage access through NAS would be not better than HDD. But it will take less space and make less noise

Accessing files over internet: possible, multiple options (port forwarding if you have static IP, Tailscale etc)

You can put a 10G nic in P330 (pcie), but ssds will be gen 3.

If you can find something like a P350 tiny, that would ideal.
or Asus ships full-nvme 6 and 12 bay NAS enclosures, but processors in them are celerons. Good enough for NAS usage.

Back