n70 or n73

my brother is planning to buy a new mobile phone.... i just brought n70 and showed him the phone... now he does not know much about n73... what do you people suggest......

which phone to buy, and what are the current mumbai prices of these with bill......

Any added advantage of n73 over n70 other than 3.2 megapixel camera.....

N73 has MiniSD Card Support whereas N70 uses RS DV MMC.

Although there is not much difference between the 2 card types, there may be MiniSD Cards upto 4GB (or maybe more in the future and these will come in handy when u want to get higher capacity cards) and the same cant be said about the future of RS DV MMC Cards (Mobile gurus, please correct me if am wrong :)).

Secondly, theres a scheme (you may be knowing abt it) in which you get 1 4X6 Photo print by Kodak for 1 full year at 1 photo per day.Also, theres a bluetooth dongle free with the phone (though it only costs 300 outside :) ).

So, the bottomline is if you have the cash, go for the N73 while the offer lasts :).

Darth's right. If there is a choice between n70 and n73, I see no reason why you shouldn't go for N73. It IS a brilliant phone.

I don't know about MiniSD, but from the looks of it now, no latest phones support Rs-DV (except the revisions of older models, like N70 music edition)

And 2gb RS-DV has taken a LOT of time to arrive, and that too, only one 3rd party, Kingston has manufactured so far. So from the looks of it 2gb may be Rs-DV's last milestone before dying out.

N70 doesn't have much over N73, except :

1. Being much cheaper

2. Is known for running a wide selection of S60 apps and games that other S60 capable phones can't. (On par with 6600 and 6630)

as far as I can see N73 is better then N70 in two crucial aspects

- much better and bigger screen

- much better camera with AF

Other then that u get stereo speakers, a different design ... That's abt it

N70- The major advantage is in RAM (just as in PC's) 32MB vs 20 MB

also I feel N70 has a better keypad....

BUt N73 is def the phone to get..... for 6k diff u get a killer camera/screen combo!

for more info

Buying a new symbian phone? power guide. - FunEnclave

Back