N70/6270/w810i?

some issues to sort out.... please help::
-w810i worth the > 20k price?
- does symbian of N70 gives more value for price, than 810i?
- the keypad of N70 is very hard/close to sms right?
- keypad/screen/sound amazing in 6270. but no symbian and less internal memory!
- will mobile phone prices come down nearby...

any other similar ones?

W810i...preety good phone but hasnt got anything over the K750i which should make u spend the 20k of its price...

N70...symbion does make the diffrence..
the Keypad of N70 is a bit hard, and is also a bit small so not confortable for people with big hands...
6270 another gr8 phone in terms of features...no symbian is bad bu Series 40 3rd edition UI isnt tht bad also... only bad thing..it is 2 much overpriced..

Mobile phone prices are expected to come down quite a notch as many new phones are expected to hit the market in april...

bluediamond said:
some issues to sort out.... please help::

any other similar ones?
Lets see here:
1. Symbian makes a difference..a big difference. I am a symbian user and wouldn't go for a SE unless it were the P series. The only other alternative is Windows mobile or palm, but the cells sporting these are typically PDA and costlier.
2. The 6270 has a big screen but the camera is crappy from the shots I have seen. Also whether the proccy on this cell can run a 262K 320*240 res screen and fast is something to be seen
3. SMS I don't have any probs BD (and my hands are bigger than yours 'probably':p ). But yes I have a 6630 and an N70 and its easier on the 6630, but believe me once you get used to a cell then u won't notice the keypad as an irritant. U just need ta get used ta it..
4. Cell prices are due a fall. Wait till June~July...

No. Its just another version of W800i with Bluetooth v2.0, EDGE, and a very cool design.

Hell Yeah! Comparing a Symbian to Java phone is like comparing Windows Xp to Dos!

I hoenstly can't tell. But yes its keypads are cramped if that's what you want to know. Which will take time getting used to, and one gets within 1-2 weeks of using it.

Add - Very DULL design!

Yes. Every month mobile phone prices go down until they are at there minimum profit. Compare E398 to K750i. K750i has gone to 13.5k from 19.5k debut. E398 has was for 14k debut and now is on 9.5k since almost a year now.

Here's a Tip to Bluediamond and others who are looking to buy a new mobile phone. Always try your best to pinpoint what EXACTLY you want in a mobile phone. That way we can find the closest match. Otherwise all us TE'ers will keep reccomending our favourite phones instead which just might not work in your favour....

the thing is actually m not able to decide whehter i want the symbian (N70)or not.. or else i could have settled for k750i..
and w810i is much fast than w800 it seems, and tat too in a cool black colour, with no joystick, but having edge and more speakers..and the keypad too i liked better in 810/800 rather than in k750i.. hence asking...

^^ If you a kind of person who would install apps, mod ur phone, gather apps from net and install them in the phone then u cud go for Symbian....

If u are a kind of person who wud be satisfied with the mp3 player, games, applns present in the phone... Symbian would be of no use to you....

I guess u wud fall into the second category... if thats the case forget N70.

if u want a gr8 camera, gud music player, good memory, good speakers then K750i or w800 is the phone for you.

Or if you still find 6270 more attractive just because its Nokia, then go for a good Nokia phone that is VFM rather than 6270.

The only diff between K750i and w800 are 512MB card, w800 headphone(which is damn good when compared to k750i headphone) and the equilizers in the mp3 player.

The diff between w800 and w810i are its looks, no joystick and Edge. I guess Edge wud be of no use in India for another 1-2 yrs...

If i were u, i wud get a k750i, get the w800 headphones for 1.6k and get a 1GB or 2GB dup pro card from US by a friend who returns from onsite...

Edit: The difference in speed between k750 or w800 and w810i must be due to the matured firware.... i guess h/w wise the phones are the same...

didnt know that the w810i is out.. thinking of dumping myk750 coz of the joystick. does anyone have the exact price ?

k...6270 dropped then...
how can i buy 750i, see, even bottle wants to give up his only because of the joystick.. so N70/800i/810i left then huh?
i used both 800 and 810i and the latter impressed me more! :( but its 21-22k in spencers, chennai

well i bought w810 for 22k on satday.... its awesome.. compared it with my frnds w800... w810 is faster navigation, better speaker, better keypad(this differs from person person i guess), navi button is lot better than joystick and lasts long too, ofcourse the awesome looks , and the themes in the cell are really kewl(espeacially the equalizer and orbit theme) , Edge , quadband (gsm 850 added) and when connected to PC w810 gives option to use the mem card alone as usb drive or with sony pc suite , and small things like one extra button and its 1mm thinner... this is all i found out till now... so if u ask me w810 may a bit over priced but beats W800 confortably.. aint got k750 arnd so cant give the diffrences... but the keypad and joysticks aint my good...

abt n70... forget it... keypad is really bad for sms and the battery life sucks, and lower pic quality and sound quality and the mem is less... only pro is tht its symbian...

and hey guys suggest BD a phone tht she can buy now... i mean there is no time to wait for prices to go down.... she already waited pretty long(arnd an yr i guess)...

bluediamond said:
k...6270 dropped then...
how can i buy 750i, see, even bottle wants to give up his only because of the joystick.. so N70/800i/810i left then huh?
i used both 800 and 810i and the latter impressed me more! :( but its 21-22k in spencers, chennai
joystick isnt too bad only started giving some issues recently after some intense gaming sessions :bleh: stay away from games and try to keep it relatively dust free and it should be ok

bluediamond said:
k...6270 dropped then...
Forget spencers yaar... go to Richi street and guys like Suntek.. The N70 is good and the menu layout also good... Plus its compact at least more so than the 6630. Rate should be around 20~21K.
But I strongly suggest waiting a bit as prices are due a fall.

The W800i is a good phone especially if u want the mp3 playback feature. Infact the quality of audio is superb. Mind u the N70 and 6630 with a stereo adapter (for a 3.5mm jack) are outta this world...music wise. I think params or someone here has tried this. Even the N70 without the addon is pretty good music wise. No complaints...

Symbian is just so friendly be it menu or be it installs..it kinda grows on you.

if u dont need to install softwares etc on ur phone go with the W800i/810 whichever u like...cause other than symbian N70 has nothing over these 2 phones...

IceFusion said:
if u dont need to install softwares etc on ur phone go with the W800i/810 whichever u like...cause other than symbian N70 has nothing over these 2 phones...

Yeah but u say it like its a small thing... Symbian is so cool man... download and install away.. flexibility.

I still suggest a wait though. The W800i is good...

btw the K750i a pal of mine has developed a problem with the camera button which actually protrudes a tad. This causes the button to develop some 'play' i feel which makes it a bit unresponsive. I used his phone and this would be an issue especially if u like to keep your cell inside your bag or jeans and share the space with other objects especially if they're crammed up close..

Or use a hard plastic cover... easily available in Chennai

Edit... sorry for that.. I don't know how much my friend paid for the adapter and where he got it from.. darn it.. network busy POS crap in nerul...can't get through to him...

its not a small thing for u and me...cause we want to install softwares on the OS...i personally prefer the Nokia phones cause of symbian...

but for her...i dont think she would be installing anything else other than themes and a few games...so symbian is practically of no use to her...

hmm Lookin at it frm techie's point of view N70 is way ahead of W810i except maybe SE has better camera and sound.

BUt enter the layman and the w810i starts gettin the preference...

1)smaller size,better lookin

2)512 mb card bundled

3)fuss free OS

I would go fr N70, but it all depends...

1)if u are the type of person who buys a new phone ,loads it up with mp3's and presses a single button to listen to them,rush and buy the w810i

2)If u want HTMl browser, can't live without ogg player and have grown up on smartmovies then go and chck out the nearest nokia priority dealer.

W810i= 22k

N70=20.5k + 1.5k(512 mb card)= 22k.

go , figure it out.

Softwares are available for both Java and Symbians. But Java is just sooo limited. Java generally can't access resources outside the application. That means nothing like mp3 players, videoplayers, emulators with later addable Roms, etc. Mostly, the apps in Java range from Calculators, to dictionaries, to E-Book viewers (again you'll always have to bundle the e-book text files to the setup before sending it to the phone as Java can't access resource outside the application), to a Nes Emulator which play without sound and have the same case with roms as Ebook apps, notes/password keepers etc etc. That basically is the type of apps you'd be getting on Java. Go through 'Getjar.com' for bigger list of that.

Good thing - its simple, bugs free, no virus's etc.

Apps on Symbian are unimaginable. Its like a windows initself, so the first priority will be to get an Antivirus and even a firewall (like Symantic's) hence all phones with S60 are automatically classified as a 'Smartphones'.

Lets just leave it there.

Good Thing - Symbian enhances your phone even if the Developer hasn't implemented those features. The N70 was never quoted to play Mpg's, Avi's, Ogg's, Rm's and so on...yet just with the apps part of Symbian you can easily install video and audio players that would play those codecs! Now imagine if that is only the start and basics of Symbian.

Coming to games - I guess no one has the edge here. 3D Java is just as good as 3D Symbian. Besides, the gaming market mainly focuses on Java games. Symbian games are very rare, because even Symbian 60's can easily do Java. So both will do equal in gaming.

Conclusion - If you're the kind of person that would want heavy customizations, advanced 'Windows Like' applications, then get Symbian. If you want Hassle Free phoning, very simple OS then get Java enabled non symbians.

i dont think i will be needing symbian for atleast few months...(but dono, if i'd like to have in far future! :p ) so if i settle for non-symbian, wont the 810 and 800 too priced for me...also afaik myself, i dont think i wud be changing my phone too... based on price, either 750i or 800i is the best kya? but i dont like orange colour of 800i! :(

get k750i itself then .. looks more sleek and has all the same features more or less

Back