Storage Solutions My Witcher 3 game is freezing and restarting. What could be the problem?

bssunilreddy

Skilled
Hello all,

My Witcher 3 game is freezing and restarting. What could be the problem?
Same happened to AC Valhalla. Is my RAM failing or my GPU failing?

When ever I load into the level the screen freezes and the computer restarts. Why is this happening? Is my PSU failing?

Last edited:
Usually random freezes is because of a failing motherboard but that only happens on systems that are many years old.

What the specifications of this system?

Try running a hardware monitor in the background to determine or rule out thermal throttling, it could also be a heatsink clogged with dust or thermal paste that's dried up — high temperatures in the hardware monitor app will usually indicate this.

Usually random freezes is because of a failing motherboard but that only happens on systems that are many years old.

Try running a hardware monitor in the background to determine or rule out thermal throttling, it could also be a heatsink clogged with dust or thermal paste that's dried up — high temperatures in the hardware monitor app will usually indicate this.
AMD R5 5600X | Gigabyte A520M-DS3H | MSI RX6600XT | G.SKILL Sniper X 16GB | WD SN570 1TB | Antec 750w | Galax Rev.3 | LG 32GK650F | CM Masterkeys Lite L | Deepcool AK400 | APC 1.1 KVA.

AMD R5 5600X | Gigabyte A520M-DS3H | MSI RX6600XT | G.SKILL Sniper X 16GB | WD SN570 1TB | Antec 750w | Galax Rev.3 | LG 32GK650F | CM Masterkeys Lite L | Deepcool AK400 | APC 1.1 KVA.
Uninstall and reinstall the GPU drivers. See if the issue is seen again. Specs look fine to me.

Uninstall and reinstall the GPU drivers. See if the issue is seen again. Specs look fine to me.
I have just reinstalled the whole PC.
It could be a PSU issue too.
this PSU is old like bought in 2019.

my temps arent crossing 62 degrees on full load while playing.
My PC just restarts itself right after freezing.
For normal browsing nothing bad is happening.

Try connecting the PSU directly to the wall socket, instead of through the UPS.

Sometimes high or low line voltages causes complications with the UPS's overcurrent protection, 1100VA is a little low for a gaming PC even though it sounds like plenty.

Today morning onwards.

The line voltage regulation is done by the discom and is usually a well tuned algorithm. However on holidays like today, the demand is difficult to predict so there may be unusually higher or lower voltages supplied, and this causes the complications with some UPSs. Their VA rating is only applicable at their working voltages, for higher or lower voltages the rating is reduced. Coupled with the power demand of some games, this may lead to a over current situation where there's basically drama between the graphics card, power supply and UPS. Removing the UPS from equation may help.

Or it could be just a software glitch that'll be patched with a driver update.

Do you have the same problem with the computer disconnected from the internet? Try this because on holidays our government blocks access to parts of the Internet in a heavy handed way, so the game might be crashing because it couldn't reach a telemetry server somewhere.

Last edited:
Back