My PSU plug is too big. Help

Mike Messiah

Disciple
So my PSU just arrived and the plug is too big
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-05 at 15.15.26.jpg

Do i have to go look for some wire or can i use the Antec VP500PC wire since they both have the same rating?

Unless your PC is likely to exceed 1000w power consumption on a regular basis, 10A should be fine. Just buy a power cable from any local shop or Amazon.

So my PSU just arrived and the plug is too big
View attachment 179498

Do i have to go look for some wire or can i use the Antec VP500PC wire since they both have the same rating?
I have the exact same Antec PSU and are you sure that is the right connector that came with it? Mine doesn't have the earth connector or the top part of it missing like how it is for you. Mine looks like the red plug. And as @calvin1719 said, don't plug that in. Also you can just get a convertor from an electric shop nearby that can fit it.

Don't use a plug without an earth connector though? Dunno why the Antec doesn't have one but I think that's needed.
It does have an earth connector, the slot between the Live and Neutral pins. This is a German plug, you can buy a suitable converter.

Attachments

• 1-5-square-EU-German-plug-socket-extension-power-cable-IEC320-16A-250V-male-to-female.jpg
    1-5-square-EU-German-plug-socket-extension-power-cable-IEC320-16A-250V-male-to-female.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 43
Back