My own TV ... my own buy!!!

sudhanshu123

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
New Delhi
Seems like I have angered quite a few here :lol: But I had no intention to hurt anyone's feelings. Thing is, 1080p details on PC are much more noticable on a 23 incher than a 32 inch TV of same resolution, cuz of the GPU one owns. And as per how I came about all the conclusions, I have had discussions with quite a few videophiles, people who own 720p and 1080p HDTVs and also I have checked their performance personally in the stores. And, no, they didn't loose interest cuz 1) I told them that I'll buy right then and that too entire cash down and 2) Personality and attitude speaks for itself. :angel:

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh, I forgot to say, Sony as a brand for HDTVs will always be better than Samsung and LG (not talking about individual models here but the brand for TV itself). So, if you one cannot afford it, one shouldn't convince itself otherwise.

i was just busting your chops man,i am not angry.enjoy your tv.

prankie

Tech Addict
Disciple
Jul 27, 2011
Bhopal
Congrats for your purchase.. enjoy your TV and stop doing comparisons.. after all it's just a piece of electronics.. :)

Aercy

Patron
Jan 4, 2007
Kolkata
Cheers to that ... as long as these companies fight each other to come with better VFM products, consumers will be the gainers.

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Aug 27, 2007
Pune
www.wrapcode.com
You pay for Sony, you can rest assured that you will get all the features you NEED. First off, Full HD on 32" is pointless, absolutely useless. Even PS3 games are in 720p and so are HD channels via HD STBs. Besides to enjoy 1080p you need atleast 42 inch. And SMART TV feature is DUMB. Do you have a PC? Can spare some money for an long HDMI cable? Internet, PC Games, Movies, all are achieved. You still want some App? Really? Seriously??

Even people with 5" device are vouching for full HD and that really does makes sense.. My laptop is 15.6" full HD (1080p) laptop. I can clearly see the difference. Now, I don't feel like using anything with lower resolution than that. :) HD STB plays 1080i (interlaced full HD) not 720p IMHO. Correct me if I am wrong.

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Jan 30, 2010
Praha, Czechia
Ohh, I forgot to say, Sony as a brand for HDTVs will always be better than Samsung and LG (not talking about individual models here but the brand for TV itself). So, if you one cannot afford it, one shouldn't convince itself otherwise.
Care to explain why?I am from Kolkata and can assure you LG or Samsung`s after sales service at least for televisions is as good(if not better)as Sony`s.

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Jan 30, 2010
Praha, Czechia
Making great picture panels is one thing and 'buying those picture panel, putting them along with great components and optimizing it for pure awesomeness' is another. In India at-least, Sharp is stands nowhere in the HDTV market.
So basically all your research and opinion was mostly based on gimmicky marketing of Sony TVs.I bet you have not tried Panas or Philips,because they do not come with front page ads every alternate day on news papers.
Anyways,congrats!Enjoy your tv and do a little more research before your next television purchase.

Techie#1

Skilled
Sep 20, 2005
Sony troll on roll ...btw,i have got a Sony bravia 1080p LCD..32"CX420 myself for more than 1.5 yrs & I am yet to see the awesome picture magic miracle as the OP says.:rolleyes:.(btw,I also own a Sammy FHD 51" plasma (51" D550) & a Asus 24" FHD+(WUXGA1920X1200)LCD monitor,so i know what i speak). Moreover Sony tv's inbuilt media player isn't the best around...it has various limitations & compatibilities issues!
Anyway,congrats on your new tv ...'njoy!!!:finger:

Reactions: TheIndian

Anshul

Disciple
May 30, 2007
Congrats

But I have to say Lol @ the myth busters. Panasonic plasmas are the best TV's out there. Period. No ifs and buts. Not sony.

Aercy

Patron
Jan 4, 2007
Kolkata
Thanks for all your comments, guys. Maybe you guys are correct maybe not but I can surely say that my purchase decision and method has fetched me the perfect TV and that's all that matters to me. As for the myth busters.... :dealwithit:

hitesh12

Adept
Mar 16, 2011
4 to 5 feet
In that case buddy, you'll notice the diff between 720p and 1080p easily.
One who sits 6 feet or more from a 32" shouldn't be able to notice the difference, but less then that and you'll definitely see it

But anyways congrats !! :) :cool: :D